| “You're gone, gone, gone away,|
I watched you disappear;
All that's left is a ghost of you.
Now we're torn, torn, torn apart,
There's nothing we can do,
Just let me go, we'll meet again soon.
Now wait, wait, wait for me, please hang around,
I'll see you when I fall asleep.”
– Of Monsters And Men, "Little Talks"
Willow arrived in the Fallcoast area early last fall driving a beat-up Jeep and towing an equally beat-up Airstream trailer. She found a place to park it, went straight from there to the closest vendor of alcoholic beverages, and took a couple of months to come out of the bottle again ... sort of. Local gossips have it that she still drinks too much and too often, and anyone sticking around a liquor store will see her come by on a fairly regular basis, but at least she's no longer literally falling-down drunk by tea-time every day. Nor is she quite so cripplingly depressed as she was when she arrived; whatever it is she's lost is still weighing heavily on her, just not quite heavily enough to stop her from brushing her hair, changing her clothes more than once a week, or occasionally getting some sleep. She's even stopped dyeing her hair, and the natural copper color now only has a few specks of leftover black color in it.
The story is that she's some sort of journalist writing a book about life in northern New England, and she does seem to be much more interested in listening to other people's stories than talking about her own, but so far no one's seen her show much enthusiasm for taking notes. Or for, you know, actually writing.
Willow, or "Lo" as she sometimes prefers to be called, is also an Adamantine Arrow Mage of the Acanthus Path who's still deeply traumatized by the experiences she had fighting against the Seers of the Throne somewhere that probably isn't far enough away from Fallcoast for her liking. She's here to try to forget what happened to her and/or put herself back together enough to be some use anyway -- the Arrow higher-ups aren't likely to care which it is, as long as she can find some way to be useful again.
| RP Hooks
- Adamantine Arrows: Probably mainly by virtue of her willingness to take the job, she's been appointed Councilor for the order, which basically means if you have an issue with them she's a good person to yell at about it.
- Alcohol: Willow has cut back on her intake significantly, but she's still a drinker, and you may have sold her a bottle of Irish whiskey, bought her a drink at a bar (she's not really very picky as long as it serves liquor), or had to call a cab to get her home when she's had one too many.
- Loss: She's very obviously lost something or someone tremendously important to her, and while she's understandably reticent about the details, it's plain that something is terribly wrong. If you've suffered a similar loss, she'll be immediately sympathetic.
- Mage: She has at least this much in common with you, if you are one. It's a start.
- Meddling: Aside from her many other bad habits, she regularly meddles with fate, sometimes to make her life more (in)convenient, sometimes for reasons even she can't explain. If you encounter something unlikely, it's possible she had something to do with it.
- Mischief: Every once in a while Willow shakes off her depression for long enough to become something like her old self, which usually means screwing with someone for no better reason than her own entertainment. It doesn't last long, but it might raise questions if you happen to catch her doing it. And less friendly questions if you happen to be the victim.
- Prophecy: Seeing the future is less of a hobby and more of an obsession with her. If you're friendly with her, she may warn you about something she's seen, completely out of the blue and with no explanation offered. Even if you aren't, she might have seen a possible future involving you that she wants to ensure or avert.
- Sports: Willow used to be something of an athlete, back in her high school and college years, and it's one of the few topics that can still rouse some enthusiasm from her. It might be rock climbing, softball, soccer, or running; it might just be a comment on some piece of news from the internet or TV.
- Veteran of the Psychic Wars: Were you involved with the fight against the Seers in a way that brought you into contact with her at some point in the past? You're likely to have known her under a different nom de guerre, if so, but it'll at least get you started.
- Bean -- Booze; the cornerstone of every lasting friendship.
- Cross -- Being around anyone this much like I used to be makes me nervous.
- Kendra -- Don't worry. I won't tell anybody you have a heart.
- Adamantine Arrow
- "Did you do it?" "Yes." "What did it cost?" "... Everything."
- The Free Council
- "Peter Jason Quill. Also known as Star-Lord." "Who calls him that?" "Himself, mostly."
- Guardians of the Veil
- "For once, we're ahead of the curve." "By holding a gun at everyone on Earth and calling it protection." "You know, I read those SSR files. Greatest generation? You guys did some nasty stuff." "Yeah, we compromised. Sometimes in ways that made us not sleep so well. But we did it so the people could be free. This isn't freedom, this is fear."
- "Arrogance and fear still keep you from learning the simplest and most significant lesson of all." "Which is?" "It's not about you."
- Silver Ladder
- "Enough! You are all of you beneath me! I am a god, you dull creature, and I will not be bullied by --" "... Puny god."
- None yet, but give it time.
| Willow Maddox
| Played By:
|| Aine O'Gorman
| Full Name:
|| Willow Robin Maddox
| Appears In-game As:
| Date of Birth:
|| March 10, 1995
| Apparent Age:
|| Writer, Non-Fiction
|| Adamantine Arrows
|| Tamers of Winds
Augie March - One Crowded Hour
- I thought I had found my golden September
- In the middle of that purple June,
- But one crowded hour
- Would lead to my wreck and ruin.
Concrete Blonde - Tomorrow, Wendy
- It is complete, now.
- Two ends of time are neatly tied.
- A one-way street,
- She's walking to the end of the line.
- And there she meets
- The faces she keeps in her heart and mind.
- They say, "Goodbye,
- Tomorrow, Wendy, you're going to die."
First Aid Kit - The Lion's Roar
- But don't you come here and say I didn't warn you
- About the way your world can alter.
- And oh how you try to command it all still
- Every single time it all shifts one way or the other.
Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah
- Well, there was a time when you let me know
- What's really going on below,
- But now you never show that to me, do you?
The Dropkick Murphys - Rose Tattoo
- I'd wake up every morning and before I'd start each day,
- I'd take a drag from last night's cigarette
- That smoldered in its tray,
- Down a little something and then be on my way.
First Aid Kit - Stay Gold
- All of my dreams, they fall and form a bridge
- Of memories where I can't get back to you.
- What if our hard work ends in despair?
- What if the road won't take me there?
- Oh, I wish, for once, we could stay gold
- What if to love and be loved's not enough?
- What if I fall and can't bear to get up?
- Oh, I wish, for once, we could stay gold.
U2 - The Wanderer
- I went out walking
- Through streets paved with gold
- Lifted some stones
- Saw the skin and bones
- Of a city without a soul.
- I went out walking
- Under an atomic sky.
- Where the ground won't turn
- And the rain it burns
- Like the tears when I said goodbye.