“Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.” - Soren Kirkegaard
Sonja also happens to be a cousin to the regional Wagners and did a year of school locally as an exchange student which is how her name came up to be a part of the program in the first place. Now she's living on a small farm in Hanging Hills where she's tending to the newest herd of caribou imported from Canada.
Newly arrived from Oslo, Norway, Sonja Nygaard has been hired by the state's park service to help repopulate the caribou population. Maine was once a thriving haven for the species until man drove the species to extinction and ecosystems suffered for it. There was a prior attempt before 2000 but those caribou fell victim to brain rot and other diseases. Now they are hoping that a Sami from Norway with extensive farming experience raising reindeer with animal conservancy talents and a veterinary degree can jump start the old program and bring back a stable population.
- Wagner She loves the serene brutality of the ocean, loves the electric power she felt with each breath of wet, briny air.
- Sonja is one of those cousins from Norway. Back in high school, she did a year as a foreign exchange student to get to meet her extended relatives. Now she's come to stay. Her last name, Nygaard, translates to 'New Farm'. It's a point she observes is mildly prophetic given her move to Maine and now living on a farm.
- Veterinarian "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ― Anatole France
- Mainly for farms and large animals, a girl has to make a living. Her barn isn't so much a barn as an operating theater for big animals with a few closed off stalls for quarantining the sick or recovering.
- Caribou And this is what happened, ands this is why the caribou and the wolf are one; for the caribou feeds the wolf, but it is the wolf that keeps the caribou strong. - Farley Mowat
- Maine tried once before to reintroduce reindeer to the state but the effort failed largely because the scientists did not fully grasp the ecosystem into which they'd introduced it. This time, they've hired someone with an intimate understanding of the caribou. Are you interested in helping bring back the species?
- Nygaard Crossfit Wake up, Beauty. It's time to Beast.
- Now that she's settled into the area, she purchased a run down old farmstead and converted the barn to a full gym. Outside there's a tough mudder course and even an obstacle course devoted to the popular Ninja Warrior theme. Of course, if you come, you'd best be prepared to put in work. There are no fancy machines here. On grid at G01.
- Odin It is He who makes the lightning flash upon you, inspiring you with fear and hope, and gathers up the heavy clouds.
- What do you do when you're the one girl born with dark hair in a town full of platinum blondes? Well, for one, there's a lot of talk. So what if there might be something to it and you always had strange insights into things others would call happenstance.
- Signs and Portents It is your omen, only you know the meaning. To me, it is but another star in the night. - Gerald Stanek
- There's something to this and the occult community has come to realize that when she comes with a warning.. it's best to listen.
- Ravens Needless to say, urgings by ravens are ignored at one's peril. - James Doss
- Despite being a large animal vet, her true calling is among Odin's messengers. She knows their ways, listens to their speech, and word has it she's been making friends with the locals at Crow's Hollow.
- Mage Believe in your heart that you're meant to live a life full of passion, purpose, magic and miracles. - Roy Bennett
- She is of the Awakened with her magics tied to the tower of the Stone Book. Within that community, she is a known Slayer and one who challenges mortals to Awaken.
- Adamantine Arrow When the will defies fear, when duty throws the gauntlet down to fate, when honor scorns to compromise with death - that is heroism. - Robert Ingersoll
- A First Talon with no real aspirations other than to challenge her fellows to rise to their own potential, she does not mind playing the role of support. Within the Order, she is known within the Council of Dragons.
Allies, Cohorts, Family, & Friends
- Wagner - You cannot love a Wagner and not love the sea. Of course, sometimes we are more than that. Furred, fanged, ensorcelled, they are all still family.
- Kara - A cousin from home. I followed you here to aid you in your task. Now, I stay for Odin's reasons.
- Willow - Definitely a work in progress. But aren't we all?
- Proserpina - A Slayer and not an Arrow. Glad to see it. Knows her stuff. Glad to have her.
| Date of Birth:
|| May 01, 1991
|| 5'9" / 150 / Svelte
| Played By:
|| Daisy Ridley
|| Thyrsus Adamantine Arrow
|| Awakening Gambit
| Notable Stats
| Status: Arrows (First Talon)
|| ● ● ○ ○ ○
| Animal Ken:
|| ● ● ● ● ○ (Avians)
|| ● ● ● ● ○ (Portents)
|| ● ● ● ● ○ (Spears)
| Spirit Status:
|| ● ● ○ ○ ○
|| ● ● ○ ○ ○
|| ● ● ● ○ ○