|| Grace Smith; Sister Smith; the Sistersmith
|| Late Twenties
|| Pilgrims of the Endless Road
|| Seekers of the Path
| Notable Stats
Mantle () 3
Striking Looks 2 (Doll-Like)
Mask: At 5' 6", Grace is not particularly tall - or short, for that matter - though her slender frame sometimes gives the illusion of her being taller than she is. Mostly, though, it makes her appear fragile and doll-like. While she has a generous bust and a nice hourglass shape to her mid that she frequently enhances with corsets, this combines with her elongated limbs and overall body to make her appear waifish at best.
While she frequently changes her hair colour, she has a tendency to default to platinum blonde - as close to natural as she gets, apparently. With her high cheekbones, wide eyes and pouty lips, this adds to her doll-like qualities; as does her thin, pale skin.
Her wardrobe is eclectic - and eccentric, too. While certainly capable of dressing down and putting on jeans and a t-shirt, Grace has a love for the complex and the artistic, and most frequently wears creations of her own that incorporate a certain steampunk aesthetic; leather corsets with waistcoat watches, tophats and gear-shaped jewellery, and flourished dresses and skirts of Victorian sensibilities updated for the 21st century. She's rarely found without some sort of satchel for kit and tools, and she often busies herself with knick-knacks and doodads if she has nothing else occupying her attention.
Mien: Hair spun of the finest of fibers, often shifting slightly in colour. Skin made of the finest of silken paper stretched over a clockwork frame where cogs and gears can sometimes be silhouetted within. Perfectly shaped. Too symmetric; nearing the uncanny valley. Hints of seams and seals, of joints and mechanisms below the surface. Her hands and fingers customisable - able to sprout extra joints or mechanical tools; needles and pliers, welding torch and thread. Whatever might be needed for the task at hand.
Mantle: The scent of sunshine after rain often surrounds the Sistersmith, signaling her allegiance to Spring
Fetchmaker, Fetchmaker: The Sistersmith was tasked with crafting the doubles that take over the existence the Lost leave behind. Professor Tick may've traded her services to other Keepers - she doesn't remember those times very well. Nonetheless,she retains some of her expertise and may be willing to share what she can recall.
I've Been Everywhere: Grace has travelled the length and breadth of the United States and gotten into a fair few misadventures along the way. Maybe you met outside of the safety of Fallcoast and Sentinel Rock?
A Thousand Paths To Walk: As a Pilgrim of the Endless Road, Grace chases perfection in every moment, usually by trying (and often, failing) at new things. What do you do that Grace wants to try?
We Can Rebuild Him, We Have the Technology: The Sistersmith has great knowledge of Fae and human bodies, and is usually willing to help, if the worst should happen. You'll just owe her one. Or perhaps you already do.
For Every Item, A Story: Beyond her mundane skills as a seamstress, Grace has an interest in tokens and hedgespun, and is happy to utilise her talents to provide the Lost of Sentinel Rock with just the item they need for a special occasion. Mind, she might send them off on a fetch-quest before they can claim their reward, and part of her payment is that she'll get to hear the story of how the item came to be (minus her own part, of course)
The Winter of Our Discontent: When the Sistersmith left Sentinel Rock, a few years ago, she was a neophyte member of the Silent Arrow. Sometime, during her travels, she exchanged Onyx for Verdant Mantle. Perhaps you knew her back then, a frightened and sad creature hiding from the world?
Creatures and Cohorts
Fibonacci, the Most Interesting Mount in the World: Fibonacci is the transportation of choice for the Sistersmith, and one of her chosen companions in the Hedge. He is a magnificent specimen, resembling a Friesian stallion of unusual size and friendly (if a bit vain) temper, with glossy fur, solid limbs, and a sleek and muscled frame - along with a handsome face and the most amazing mane. And he is well aware of it.
While, so far, Fibonacci only submits to the Sistersmith, he does take well to flattery.
[Notable Traits: Intelligence 1, Strength 7, Stamina 6, Presence 3, Manip 1, Speed 36]
Arash, the Dream-Hound: Appearing as an Irish Wolf-hound of a truly remarkable size, Arash could easily dwarf a pony - and often does. A second companion that Grace picked up in her travels, she claims to have an agreement with the gigantic beast and that, really, he's a big softie. And while the Fae Beast is capable of reasoned thought and coherent speech, he does not appear to be a particularly brave dog, happy to leave the front-lines to others. He does, however, pride himself on having a certain amount of skill as far as predicting the future goes. Alas, he has steadfastly refused to read either tea-leaves or tarot cards so far.
[Notable Traits: Giant, Occult 4, Contracts of Dream]
Lilith Fairbliss: There's a complex dynamic going on between Lilith and Grace, and Grace for one is happy to expound on it at length - if she doesn't get distracted by touching, kissing, stroking, fondling and otherwise luxuriating in the touch of the Succubus. The pair met not too long ago, and to hear them tell the tale, it was love at first sight. Now, it's not unusual to see the pair of them together, and the club promoter's outfits have lately been both custom-made and had hints of Victoriana and Steampunk flair to them.
Andrea Vivian Bailey: Fellow Pilgrim, fellow seeker, Grace enjoys Andrea's company and is happy to provide the harbinger of Hope with what she needs as she goes down her on path to perfection.
Dorothy: Another motleymate, the Best Pet Ever is a close friend, and her talent for gardening plants and people and places comes in handy for both the more mundane aspects of the Sistersmith's business and her desire to cultivate rarer crops in the Hedge.
Bunny Swallows: Bubbling Bunny, the cheerful companion and confidante. Just don't try to explain how things work to her.
| Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious - Mary Poppins Lyrics
- You know, you can say it backwards,
- which is "docious-ali-expi-istic-
- but that's going a bit too far, don't you think?
Kooks - David Bowie Lyrics
- And if you ever have to go to school
- Remember how they messed up this old fool
- Don't pick fights with the bullies or the cads
- 'Cause I'm not much cop at punching
- Other people's dads
- And if the homework brings you down
- Then we'll throw it on the fire
- And take the car downtown
Bette Davis Eyes - Kim Carnes Lyrics
- Her hair is Harlow gold, her lips sweet surprise
- Her hands are never cold, she's got Bette Davis eyes
- She'll turn the music on you, you won't have to think twice
- She's pure as New York snow, she got Bette Davis eyes
You're So Vain - Carly Simon Lyrics
- Well, I hear you went up to Saratoga
- And your horse, Naturally, won
- Then you flew your Lear jet up to Nova Scotia
- To see the total eclipse of the sun
- Well, you're where you should be all the time
- And when you're not you're with
- Some underworld spy or the wife of a close friend
- Wife of a close friend
|First We Take Manhattan Lyrics
- Ah, you loved me as a loser, but now you're worried that I just might win
- You know the way to stop me, but you don't have the discipline
- How many nights I prayed for this, to let my work begin
- First we take Manhattan, then we take Berlin
One Piece At A Time - Johnny Cash Lyrics
- The first day I got me a fuel pump
- And the next day I got me an engine and a trunk
- Then I got me a transmission and all the chrome
- The little things I could get in my big lunchbox
- Like nuts and bolts and all 4 shocks
- But the big stuff we snuck out my buddy's mobile home
Get the Party Started - P!nk Lyrics
- Makin' my connection as I enter the room
- Everybody's chillin' as I set up the groove
- Pumpin' up the volume with this brand new beat
- Everybody's dancin' and they're dancin' for me
- I'm your operator you can call anytime
- I'll be your connection to the party line
Vision Thing - Sisters of Mercy Lyrics
- What do we need to make our world come alive?
- What does it take to make us sing?
- While we're waiting for the next one to arrive?
- One million points of light
- One billion dollar Vision Thing