|"Telling an angry woman to calm down works about as well as baptizing a cat."|
Mackenzie Barron is the bastard daughter and only child of Rachel Skinner and Reggie Barron. Raised among the other trailer trash at the Hanging Gardens Trailer Park, she had a rough childhood due to her father's violent nature. She finally ran away from home when she was only 12 after finding out that she was Wolfblooded. She started to stay with her Uncle Leroy, but mostly learned to live on the street, doing what she had to to survive; whether that was stealing, jacking cars, or sadly even turning tricks. Now that she's 18, she has to be careful. Juvie is no longer an option.
She has come to accept her life as a blooded and has even found a pack which supports her and she supports in kind. However, she is still, at heart, a criminal, an alley cat that never stays in one place for too long. She can't be tied down and any attempts to do so will likely just cause her to pull away even more. Due to the deals she has with certain people, she no longer has to turn tricks, but instead keeps an eye out for kids like she was, street kids doing what they have to to survived, to at least give them someone to protect them that isn't going to take advantage of them. (Well... not take advantage of them *too* badly)
|"Crime isn't that complicated. People steal because taking something gives them something. If they're not in it for the money, they're in it for control. The act of taking, of breaking the rules, makes them feel powerful. They're in it for the sheer defiance. Some people steal to stay alive, and some steal to feel alive." |
- V.E. Schwab, A Darker Shade of Magic
|Rumor Has It
Skinner (Locals, Skinners)
- While Kenzi used to use the name Barron to try and escape the Skinner prejudice, she's come to enjoy being a Skinner. She's just as much trouble as the rest of her kin and not the least bit apologetic about it either.
Criminal (Locals, Crime)
- Need a car stolen? A pocket picked? Don't feel like paying full price for designer clothes? Kenzi's your girl!
Addict (Locals, Drug Dealers)
- Kenzi loves herself a good high, her drug of choice being whatever opiate she can get her grubby little hands on. Fentalyn, OxyContin, or if she's really lucky, actual opium. Sure, it feels like hell when she crashes, but she keeps going back because the high is so sweet.
Wolf-Blooded (Uratha, Ferals)
- Kenzi found out she was WB at 12, totally freaked out and ran away from home. Perhaps her father could have broke it to her in a better way then telling her that she was going to marry his pack mate and being a baby making machine. Okay, not till she was 16, but Kenzi wasn't gonna sit around for that. Wolves were to be avoided at all costs, no matter what her 'responsibilities' might have been, but she has learned that her dad is really just a jerk and that wolves aren't all that bad.
|"This thief was an artist of theft. Other thieves merely stole everything that was not nailed down, but this thief stole the nails as well." |
- Terry Pratchett, Sourcery
| Full Name:
|| Mackenzie Eliza Barron-Skinner
|| Smart-Assed, Snarky Street Rat
| Date of Birth:
|| October 31, 1998
| Apparent Age:
|| Late Teens
|| Criminal - Car Thief/Pickpocket/Shoplifter/Talent Manager (Pimp)
| On Game As:
| Played By:
|| Lily Collins
- Dexterity ••••
- Stamina •••
- Presence •••
- Manipulation •••
- Firearms •••
- Larceny •••• Picking Pockets, Shoplifting
- Stealth ••• Hiding
- Streetwise ••• Fencing Goods
- Subterfuge •••
- Blooded Tell - Evil Eye
- Blooded Tell - Horse
- Spirit Tongue
- Sleight of Hand
- Status ••• Crime
- Striking Looks • Snow White
- Professional Training •••• Criminal
- Professional Contacts • All Local - Drug Dealers, Chop Shop Mechanics, Drug Dealers, Identity Thieves, Corrupt Police
- Flaw - Addiction • Opiates
| >Kenzi's Playlist<
Candye Kane - "White Trash Girl"
- I'm a white trash girl and that suits me fine,
- I don't know where I come from. My Daddy's doin' time.
- I like cheese in a can and boxes of wine.
- I'm a white trash girl. I need a lowdown guy.
Amy Winehouse - "You Know I'm No Good"
- I cheated myself,
- Like I knew I would,
- I told you I was trouble,
- You know that I'm no good
Ed Sheeran - The A Team"
- White lips, pale face
- Breathing in snowflakes
- Burnt lungs, sour taste
- Light's gone, day's end
- Struggling to pay rent
- Long nights, strange men
Lil Wayne - "I Feel Like Dying"
- And if I should ever fall, the
- Ground would then turn to wine
- Pop! Pop! I feel like flying
- Then I feel like frying
- Then I feel like dying
Black Snake Moan - Girl on a Chain
- (While this is not a song, this movie, the character of Rae, and this scene in particular were a huge inspiration for the character of Mackenzie)