Logs:The Werewolf Shakespearean

From Fallcoast
Jump to: navigation, search
The Werewolf Shakespearean
Dramatis Personae

Roman Free Marc Shane Kaiden Astrid Halldis Kharn & Logan_2482 (as ST)

21 August, 2015


Logan has a dream about Father Wolf. He calls all werewolves to his lodge to put together a play showing that they are aware of their legacy.

Location

Hearthstone Lodge HS01


Roman, Kharn, Marc, Shane, Astrid, Free, Kaiden and Logan as ST

Down a path hidden by overgrowth is a clearing with beautiful cut grass. Traditionally this area served as the events ground for the bed & breakfast Hearthstone Lodge which sits with its side facing the grounds. Resources have been set aside for a stage and a small tent was erected so people could change and do make up plus customs without disrupting the flow of the play. Tables and chairs have yet to be drawn and set put they stand in stacks. Word has spread in the lodge about a working party needed to put everything together before the big event. A working party organized by Logan, unheard off. Those who have been staying at the lodge know full well that Logan's working party usually consist of doing a little bit of work and then driving to the waffle place to eat but this time, it was important. The curtains draws - This is your story, your origin.

The sun shines brightly this afternoon with the winds giving a gentle breeze. The giant werewolf stands with his back to the lodge, overwhelmed by all the work that needed to be done, "I hope someone shows up... I still need to do turn over for the rooms."

Hey, Logan said it was important, so Marc will be there. He may not be the best person to help out, but damnit, he'll be there! Besides, its not like he lives inside the building or anything...so raking his fingers through his hair, barefoot in a simple jeans and a T-shirt, Marc DOES finally step out of the Lodge humming softly to himself. Its really hard to MISS the giant werewolf, so he's able to gravitate over in the man's direction, waiting to get a little closer before he calls out, "What's shakin, man? Please don't say rats or I'm going to hurt something again."

Astrid arrives alone, not an unusual thing for the woman. She was usually alone and quiet. Kept mostly to herself if she wasn't tending bar while Ishmael was taking his night off. In fact that's how she was here. A certain bar owner told her to go over and check things out. Mingle! She stops near the end of the path and gives a wave, "I'm guessing this is the right place." the raven haired woman states as she looks at the two already there.

Shane arrives by cab. He's not being dropped off, he's actually driving it. A grey Ford Focus from around 2005 or so, emblazoned with the logos of Fallcoast's second-largest taxi company, because it's the only vehicle he actually owns. He has money, but not a /lot/ of money. The car is left out the front of the lodge as he circles his way around to the clearing, rolling his shoulders and letting some of his human facade slip away; more of a prowl in his confident stride, an unchecked gaze that takes in the world around him with a keen interest, and shedding the unnecessary fidgeting. It's always nice to get away and relax, even if it's never all the way.

He's got a six-pack of Bud in one hand and the neck of an old black acoustic guitar in the other, because no one should be thirsty while they're working, and maybe after a few drinks he can convince people to let him play some Bon Jovi. He comes stepping into the clearing from yet a third direction, heading straight towards Logan and Marc when he spots them, though his attention goes straight to Astrid and stays there, looking her over while he approaches.

After finally managing to pull himself away from a certain somebody, Free finally shows back up at the lodge. A message from Logan the other day saying the big guy had something going on being more than enough reason for him to show. Making his way around to event grounds, he approach Logan and claps the bigger man on the shoulder. "Hey brother. Sorry for not being around home lately, I've uhh.. been busy. You know?" He takes a quick glance around the area, making sure to give Marc a quick wave and then back to the giant werewolf himself. "So what can I do to help out?"

These boots weren't really made for walking, but that's just what they've done. Worn in black work boots are half-hidden by the sagging denim of a pair of jeans, the hems frayed and the knees baring white threaded proof of their age. Kaiden wears a plain black T-shirt under the patch-laden vest, dark and also made of denim. If the dingy, sun-faded patches touting bands and political cries weren't image enough, they wear their dark, straight hair long and only loosely tied back into enough of a ponytail to keep it from getting in their face any time the breeze comes through. Skinny, lanky, and slouching, the Irraka is new to the scene of Fallcoast and the mention of stories and gatherings is bait enough to bring this one sniffing around.

Logan glances over his shoulder to Marc, a honest smile on his face. "Man, glad you could make it." He turns to face all those present, a sigh of relief escaping his chest, "I am so glad... Had this messed up dream." Logan interrupts himself with a silence, walking away from the group and towards the stacks of wood and other material, "I met Father Wolf where he was slain. He watched over his grave with a strange amusement and greeted me with friendly vibe while sucking on a his pipe. There was a strangeness to it all... A soft rain. I felt... guilty." The man clears his throat, "He laughed at me and chastised me for not knowing our legends. He said that we are where we are because of that. That our brothers and sisters will continue to keep us under our thumb for as long as we remained ignorant." Normally a dream wouldn't have bothered anyone but to the Ithaeur, it appeared personal, "So as soon as that fucking rooster croaked I left to the shop and brought all this back." He forces a smile, "We'll show him who is the ignorant. He doesn't even know his own children." His eyes shift between all those present, smiling to Astrid with a nod, "Yes. This is the right place." And turning to Free, hew says, "No worries. I need all your help. I want to have a play about where the Forsaken come from. About who we were before being exiled from Pangea and about what we sacrificed for the greater good." Logan motions to the wood, "We need to first build a stage. I have the blueprints right next to the supplies and in the tent, I need someone to make the costumes." He grunts, glancing around, "I don't want to bother Sophie with the food but someone will have to cook too." Logan offers a boyish grin, "Any volunteers?"

Logan asks for volunteers, and Kaiden is unwilling to be the last one with their hand raised. No one gets to accuse Kai of sitting back to watch when work needs doing. They come forward, though they don't look entirely confident about the decision, a hand raised to about ear-height a few fingers half-curled to leave an uncertain gesture in the air. "I can help." Unskilled, but at least able-bodied. That counts for something right?

Marc arches one brow at Logan's explanation and chuckles softly and low under his breath, "As long as it doesn't depend on my acting ability? You're golden, man. Tell me what you need and lets get it done." He half turns to look at the other arrivals, grinning at Shane and Free, then bowing his head at Astrid and Kai, "Good to see you again..."

Astrid gives a smile to the others that arrive and shifts her backpack on her shoulder just a bit. She listens to the conversation and there's a bit of a perk at the things that need doing. "It's fortuitous that you have a tailor in the group tonight that owns a costume shop. I can make them." she states to Logan. Then she looks around, "Unless someone else wanted to do that." she adds.

Dreams? Shane is no shade of neo-hippie, but the Cahalith invariably perks his ears when another Uratha starts talking about dreams. He sets the beer down at his feet, then the guitar, leaning it leaning against his legs as he straightens back up. Hands free, the others are greeted with genially solid shoulder-thumps - Logan, Marc, then Free as he arrives as well. Kaiden gets an up-nod and a friendly grin. Then he's listening with thoughtful attention to Logan, a pensive frown on his face, though his whole expression lights up at the mention of a show. "Fuckin' A! You don't want me cooking but I can swing a hammer well enough. Hey," a nod to Astrid, another curious look, "I'm Shane."

"A play?" Free repeats, almost in disbelief. "You want to have a play? Who are the actors going to be? Because I'm with Marc on this one.. I can't act for shit." The thump on his shoulder from Shane earns the other man a companionable smile. "Hey man. Let's go swing some hammers, yeah?" Nobody needs Free cooking for them. Nobody.

Logan laughs, a happy bellowing howl. He struggles to catch his breath and shakes his head, "Many times we will be faced with doing things out of our comfort zone. See this as a test of courage. To face an audience with the challenge of captivating them and educating them with the story of your people." He motions to Shane, "Let the song of the Cahalith guide you." and then turns his hand to Free, "And lead the actors as you would a pack. Remember Nu Si Gid Namtar; Allow no one to witness your weakness." He clears his throat and grins, putting the young Storm Lord under the spotlight, "This is a challenge." Logan shifts his attention to Astrid, blessing her with a gentle smile that characterized this sleeping mountain. "You should take that duty and anyone who wishes to assist will do under your guidance and instruction. The wolfblooded have as much to teach as they do learning." His eyes drift to Kaiden, always so helpful, "Of course you can." Logan gives all of them his back, "Astrid will work on costumes." He shows her the tent, "One or two will work on the stage while the others will decide how they wish their tale to be told. The theme is our origin." He looks to Shane, "I expect the Cahalith has something to say in this regard. I think everyone should play a role so decide what that will be. I will be in the kitchen making the meal."

Kaiden looks to Free and Marc with an open expression for instruction; after all, they had been the ones to mention swinging hammers. Storytelling? Acting? Speaking roles in general? Not the quiet Brazilians forte. But taking directions? Just getting shit done? Yeah, the kid can manage that. They motion towards the two as Logan walks away, eyebrows lifted in offering query: Need a hand? Kaiden doesn't talk much, but damn they can still be expressive when the need arises. Especially if it makes actually voicing anything unnecessary.

Marc groans softly. He did NOT just make a challenge out of this. Marc sighs and smirks to himself, shaking his head, then looks at Free, then Shane, then Kaiden, then Astrid, then claps his hands together, and just grins, "Alrighty kids. Siskel and Ebert are turning over in their graves. We're puttin on a play!" He shoots a look at Shane, arching one brow, "Alright lorekeeper. Where's the best place to start the story so we know what need to build up?"

Astrid looks over to Shane when he introduces himself and she gives a smile, "I'm Astrid. Nice to meet you, Shane." the Icelandic woman states with a nod of her head. Then it's back to listening to Logan and his directions, "Thankfully I didn't grow up ignorant of you guys, so this is a plus." she tells the really tall man. Then she looks around to see if all the guys are going to go nail stuff together or what.

It's Shane's turn to start laughing when Logan turns the Iminir vow back on the Storm Lord, grinning broadly at Logan. "Trust me, it'll be great," the Cahalith assures Free as he glances around the clearing, considering the logistics. "Think of it like, uh, full-body karaoke. You don't need to be any /good/ at it, and you get to get totally shit-faced first. Good times. Alright." He rubs at the back of his neck and grins, still talking as he starts towards the pile of wood that needs to become a stage. "We have to start before things went bad, right? So we'll need wolves, spirits, Father Wolf and," he glances up towards the half moon, "Luna."

The giant once again smiles, nodding to Astrid, "Welcome home." He says before leaving for the door to the kitchen, "I'll send some refreshment your way. The usual."

Kharn has arrived.

> Astrid to Here <====================================================

   Rolled 2 Successes 
   < 3 4 4 5 8 9 >

==========================> Intelligence + Occult.Uratha [No Flags] <

Marc glances around at the others and nods at Shane, considering for a moment. He looks curiously at Astrid, "So sounds like you will let us know if you need help with the costumes. Shane's gonna work out the music and tell Free what parts we need to make sure we include. Free's gonna be Master Thespian and tell the rest of us what parts we're gonna play, so that means..." He looks at Kaiden and grins, "Looks like we're putting some stuff together for a stage. At least we got plenty of wood. Grab the toolbox outta the same shed we got the axe out of last time? And I'll go get an armload of wood."

Costumers unite! Or well, one can handle it. Astrid gives a smile to Logan, "Thank you." she tells him. Shane's talk of full-body karaoke makes the petite woman quirk a dark brow at him, but she's smiling at least. Then it's time to start making things, which happens to be one of her favorite past times. So she gets to work as she listens to the Cahalith and the others talk. Then there's a moment she takes to think back on stories that her father had told her and her brothers.

A late comer, Kharn arrives and sees people rushing off to get things and busy making things. He spots Astrid and walks straight to her, "I suppose this is as good a reason to come out of the woods as any, hm?" He watches everyone, trying to see if there's a place he can insert himself to be helpful. "Anything I can do?" This is said to Astrid, but also to anyone who might be near him.

The instructions they're hoping for come from Marc and Kaiden gives him an upnod, turning away to do exactly that. Shed where the axe came from. Toolbox. Meet back here with the stuff. And break!

> Shane to Here <=====================================================

   Rolled 1 Success 
   < 3 5 6 8 >

================================> Wits + Primal-Urge - 2 [No Flags] <

"The Spinner-Hag, the Plague King," Shane muses aloud, then pulls out of his shallow reverie to look first towards Marc, then offer Free a wry grin as he says, "I think we just lost the easy job." He starts towards Astrid, adding cheerfully back over his shoulder, "But it does mean we can cast everyone else in the unflattering roles." He doesn't slow when he notices Kharn, though he does look the other man over closely on his approach, offering a respectful sort of nod before lifting his eyebrows and asking the other man, "How good are you with our stories? I'll admit," though he at least sounds a little sheepish about it, "History isn't my strongest point. I think this'll need to be a group effort."

"Stori brodir." Astrid greets her brother with a dazzling smile. A moment is taken to hug him and then she moves back to give the Rahu his space again. She looks to Shane and the others, "They are building a stage and there's going to be a play. Before you ask, no, it wasn't my idea." she chuckles. She was the one into the acting and things. "So maybe hammer or you can help out with the story since you are good with the lore?" she points out helpfully.

Kharn hugs his sister back and returns the nod toward Shane. He listens to her and says, "I'm ok with a hammer. I am better with a hammer than I am with my lore, I only know the stories pabbi told me." He walks toward Shane, as he seems to have some idea of how this should come together. "Not much for the arts, but I'll lend a hand wherever I can. Maybe I have some hidden talent of some sort."

Marc returns a few minutes later with a huge armload of boards and a couple of sheets of plywood, tossing them all down out of the way, where there is going to be room to work without getting underfoot with everyone else, while shooting a smirk at Free and Shane, "I heard that!" He chuckles low and deep in his chest, pausing to glance at the new arrival (Kharn) before offering a wave, "Welcome to the chaos - if you wanna swing a hammer, come on over. Kai's getting the tools," then turning to look for Kaiden's return, waiting to explain, "We just wanna framework to nail the plywood to, space the beams pretty close, cause summa us have had a few extra beers, and that'll look pretty bad if one of us falls through the damned thing while we're trying to be dramatic."

Coming back with the tools, lugging the box not hanging towards the ground but propped up on their shoulder so they can bear the weight from beneath. Getting back to Marc and the gathering of wood, Kaiden nods to the observation. Makes sense. Pretty solid. Hadn't Logan mentioned a blueprint around here somewhere? Kai's no engineer, but those things are mostly illustrations and math, and if there's a picture of what the end result should be, the skinny Irraka can probably manage to make do? Maybe?

Logan emerges from the kitchen of the bed and breakfast that protected the clearing from unwanted attention. He is a giant of a man dressed in simple jeans, open toe beach sandals and a large, wavy white shirt. He is pushing a cart with all sort of refreshments like water, alcohol, and juice. A lit blunt is pressed between his lips and Logan's eyes are bloodshot and glassy. He smells like weed, meat and what you expect from someone who slaves over a kitchen.

Roman arrives a little behind schedule as he was dealing with an animal emergency. The wolf-blood arrives wearing a button up black and blue plaid shirt and jeans with work boots. His beard has been cut down and his eyes glance around for the man who called him here. He grumbles as he peaks around looking for Logan and he finally finds him, walking over to him and up nodding the man. The massive Aussie stands there quietly watching the rest of the chaos with the wolves.

Shane studies Kharn with a laid back assessment, taking his measure without turning it into a challenge. Especially when the assessment concludes with an approving, "Those are great pants, right? I lost a pair a couple of weeks back, had to go wolf unexpectedly and hadn't stuck 'em to myself. I was pretty pissed." He nods towards Marc and Kaiden with a grin before offering an escape. "Feel free to help them out instead, but anything you've got to throw in would be welcome. So," he looks back at Astrid with a broad smile. "We start in Pangaea, yeah? When Father Wolf was still in his prime, and courted Amahan Iduth down from the sky."

When Kai returns...HEY LOOKIT THAT FLAPPING IN THE WIND! That looks suspiciously like a building diagram. Marc snags it up and looks it over, then chuckles and mutters, "Well, whatdya know, so simple a Rahu can Follow it." He grins brightly at Kaiden and finds a couple of stones to anchor corners of the blueprint to the ground so it doesn't blow off, then gestures to it, "Alright, lets start at that corner, you head off south from there and I'll go east. Good?" He shoots a curious look at Kai then grabs a hammer and a handful of nails, sticking several in his mouth and the rest in his pocket. Gods help them all, he has a hammer now.

If Kharn had noticed that he'd been sized up, he didn't show it. A toothy grin can be seen under the man's red beard, "Fuckin right they are, they hold up under anything." He turns and goes to wield a hammer, lending a bit of strength where it's needed as he's not very skilled in the art of finesse. He hears the Rahu comment and chuckles softly as he sidles up next to Marc and studies the diagram, "Alright, let's get this done, you just show me what you want put together and I'll hit some nails and hope it holds.

Kaiden shoots Marc a thumbs up, a serious-business focus-concentration face, and gets to work! Because they start from a different end of the project, well that just makes the obligation to make small talk null and void. How awesome! Can we build it? YES WE CAN!

Astrid watches Kharn for a moment, glad that her big brother isn't overly aggressive when meeting new folks. She shakes her head though when Shane is talking at her again and she listens as he goes along. "Yes, that's a good place to start with it. I can remember colors and things that would be fitting with this at least." she tells them.

Marc grins toothily at Kharn and glances over at him and nods, "Right." He points to the bits he's about to try to put together and offers, "I can hold em still and you whack the attitude out of em. Sound like a plan?" Nails are handed over while the Talon grabs a few boards and heads a few more feet away to keep from having people stumble over what they are up to, noting where Kai is on things so he and Kharn can add to it without causing trouble.


The big dude rolls his little cart toward Kharn to whom he flashes a toothy smile and a nod, offering him a drink, "Hello, I'm Logan. Anything I can get for you." His attention slowly drifts from the big Rahu toward the others, watching them with a contained pride. "Can't wait until the show." Logan grins to Roman, "Hey buddy! Glad you could make it. We're having a party and trying to put a play for Luna. Come help us out. Shane is dealing with the story, Free is going to be directing, Marc and Kaiden are building the stage with the help of Mr..." He motions to Kharn, allowing him to introduce himself to the wolfblooded, "And Ms. Astrid will be working on our costumes. They're going to be amazing."

Kharn shakes his head, "I'm sorry, just kind of showed up and picked up a hammer. Name is Kharn Halldis. Her brother." He nods toward Astrid as he takes up the hammer and does a tap-tap-bang method to not crush Marc's fingers. He focuses on the task at hand, trying to get an idea of what this thing should look like when they're done.

"One sec," Shane tells Astrid, jogging the quick few steps back to where he left the twelve-pack of Bud and his chipped black guitar. He wrenches himself a can free but leaves the rest where they are, calling out a, "Help yourself to the beer." He doesn't sound like he particularly expects to be taken up on the offer, but is still quite happy to share. He pops his own drink as he ambles quickly back to the wolf-blooded woman. "Do you know Adina? You should try and get her involved with the costumes. I reckon it'll be good if she's around to hear the stories." He takes a quick swig from her beer. "So, Father Wolf and Luna. The Firstborn and the First Pack. All of that should be very," he gestures vaguely, "Abstract. Color and movement and sound, aiming to flatter our audience." Another glance up towards the sky. "For the Spinner-Hag and the Plague King we can change the mood, get things more action-based. Then when we get to Father Wolf's decline," he becomes more thoughtful here, his words more careful, "More focus on the burden of duty, the details, the emotion."

Marc grins at the introduction, glancing back over at Astrid when Kharn calls her out, then refocuses on making sure its the wood and nails, and not his hands, that get the pounding, "Marc Rodriguez. Goodta meetcha. You have a cute sister." He winks at that and grins, reaching for another board soon as he's sure the first is going to stay in place, "Pickup help is good! Logan gets an inspiration and I don't think there's any way our pack is going to pull off everything if we tried to do it all ourselves anyway. If it gets others involved, then hot damn." When Logan calls Kharn and himself out, he turns to look and offers a nod of his head towards Roman before turning back to what he was doing.

Logan fixes on the Cahalith. There was something about those that changed under the auspice that always inspired Logan. Though the Irakka were always his personal favorite considering the giant was a hunter in darkness. The Rahu were not without their merit, Logan's mother a strong Rahu who's influence help shaped Logan and afforded the Ithaeur the patience in dealing with them. He smiles between them, reaching for one of Shane's beer and joining him. He chuckles and pats Roman on the shoulder, "So what say you? Building a stage, designing the customes, working the play?"

Roman is patted and grumbles quietly. He shrugs his shoulders. "I don't act." He points out bluntly. He stares at the stage and sees there are already three people working on that part so he sighs quietly and moves over to help Astrid with the costumes. He waves to her and takes a seat. The tall beefy man looks out of place but he's here to help and he lifts his eyes to stare at Astrid waiting for directions.

D'oh! Astrid forgot to introduce her brother. She gives Kharn an apologetic smile and then looks to Shane as he states he'll be right back. While he's gone she pulls out a small notebook from her pocket that's got a bunch of drawings already on it. She flips to a blank page and starts to jot a few things down. Then after he returns she writes more down, "I like that." she comments to him as she looks back to him. "I know that Father Wolf was a magnificent creature as tall as any mountain and had ebon fur. Luna was a maiden dressed in white. So we can work from those and see what will go into the mix." she tells the Cahalith.

Astrid then looks over to Roman as he comes over and there's a bit of smile to the other man, "Hi. I'm Astrid." she offers. "You good with a pair of scissors?" she looks hopefully to him.

"You know this whole thing is just an excuse for Logan to dress up as Father Wolf," Shane opines, glancing towards the towering fellow with a laugh before looking back at Astrid with a smile of sharp amusement. "So if he wants to make a proper challenge of it, we'll cast him as Luna. The one role that'll be getting reviewed by the original." Another chin-up nod as Roman approaches. "Hey man, help yourself to a beer," he tells the man, saluting him with his own before looking back at Astrid. "We could use puppets for the Spinner-Hag and Plague King. That way we can take more creative license with what they look like and how they're dispatched. If we really want to get into it," he leans in to suggest something more quietly to his co-conspirator.

Directing. Right. This is going to be a mess, but hey.. it'll be a glorious mess! Free makes his way on over to Logan, flashing the gentle giant an impish grin. "Hey big guy, hope you've been having fun in the kitchen." He takes a moment to look down at the cart of refreshments and sticks a morsel into his mouth. After swallowing he pats the large Ithaeur and says, "I agree with Shane, you just want to play Father Wolf. Fortunately for you, I have some mercy in me, so you'll do just that. Leave Luna to someone with a better figure." He gives a playful wink. "Figured you'd be best for the role anyhow. You're going to be a father soon enough, and well.. you're larger than life big boy."

Roman gets a quick look over, the comment about not acting earning a laugh. "I doubt any of us here act much, man. The quality of the performance doesn't matter too much here though, it's more so to share the story of where are People came from, and what happened before." A look to Astrid and he adds, "If we don't manage to find Sophie, or if she isn't feeling up to it -- baby on the way and all -- you mind being our Mother Luna?" There's a laugh. "Or.. if we want to be particularly cruel, Marc could always do it. He'd look good in a nice silvery wig. But I have him pegged more for the Plague-King if anything, big scary brute that he is."

Roman nods his head slowly and glances over to Shane. He grunts quietly to Astrid and looks between the two people. Then his eyes lift up to Logan, a tilt of his head and a squint of his eye is given the man. He shakes his head and sighs. Then he goes back to Astrid. He reaches for the scissors and holds them. He's ready for cuttin! He doesn't know what but he's ready. He waits. With scissors.

Kharn stops hitting nails for long enough to glance at Marc. He just pauses, narrowing his eyes with the hammer just sort of sitting there for a few seconds. He chuckles and says, "She's almost 27, I guess I can't snarl at anyone who compliments her, hmm?" His grin is wide and toothy under his beard.

Something that Shane says makes Astrid laugh, "Sure, we can do that..but where are we going to find them?" she asks the Cahalith. She was on board with whatever he had suggested. "Well, he's tall, so are a few others." she states as she looks around. "Puppets, good idea. Easy to make as well." she nods in agreement to that. Something draws her attention and her silvery gaze looks over to Free, "I..sort of teach Performing Arts at the College." she admits as she gives a smile. Aha! So someone did act! Then there's a bit of a blink at the question asked, "Oh, umm..no I couldn't do that." she tells him. "Only if we can't find anyone else." she states. "We'll see." she nods to this. Then she turns her attention back to Roman and there's a smile, "Alrighty, see the black fabric there? I need three squares about this big," she tells him as she hands him a stencil to help out, "Then we'll see what else is needed. Thank you for the help." she tells him.

Marc chuckles softly at the comment from Kharn, lowering his voice a bit, "If you appreciate something, you should express it. Doesn't mean I want to go over there and make a pass at her. Just observing." Mister Tact, at it again. He pauses for a moment and frowns and cranes waaaay over to look at the diagram, "Are we supposta...oh, right." A few more boards are set up, to join in with what Kaiden has been silently pounding away on, "Gonna have to go get more wood in a moment." Then over his shoulder he lifts his voice, "You guys good over there, Shane?"

Logan laughs, shaking his head. "Jokes on you. I look great in a dress. Ask Sophie." He slams the shitty beer, too high to care, and shoves the can down a trash bag under the cart. His little cart rolls pass everyone, like a good host offering them refreshment before returning to the sibling pair. Their novelty picking his interest. He is quiet while the conversation continues. His gaze drifts toward Free with a friendly smile, "Thanks man but perhaps that role is better suited to a Blood Talon. I just want to prove once and for all that not only we are worthy but that we stand together, beyond tribes, beyond auspice, even beyond packs."

> Kharn to Here <=====================================================

   Rolled 1 Success 
   < 2 4 9 >

================================> Dexterity + Crafts + 3 [No Flags] <

> Kharn to Here <=====================================================

   Rolled 1 Success 
   < 4 7 9 >

================================> Dexterity + Crafts + 3 [No Flags] <

A long-suffering sigh from Shane, purposefully over-the-top, marks his disappointment at Free's decisions over who'll be playing what role. But whatever it was he was whispering briefly to Astrid about has left him in especially good spirits as he drinks his beer, glancing over towards Marc. "All good over here. You guys need a hand with anything?"

As Kharn drives the last nail he has into a board, he says, "If you appreciate something, you might as well try and make it your own. I don't hate you, and I can usually tell right away." He looks over to his sister and makes a face, "Let's grab some more wood."

GAME: Marc spends 1 Willpower with reason: Lets not tank the whole team project, shall we?

> Marc to Here <======================================================

   Rolled 1 Success 
   < 2 3 4 4 5 5 7 9 >

================================> Dexterity + Crafts + 8 [No Flags] <

> Marc to Here <======================================================

Extended Roll Rolls: 7 Successes: 8 Exceptional Successes: 0 There was no Target Number

=====================================================> 5 [No Flags] <

Roman nods his head and grabs the black fabric. He takes the fabric and starts to carefully cut the fabric. It's slow and meticulous as if the smallest fubar will mess the play up completely! His tongue slowly starts to peek out the side of his lips as he works. Just keep cutting, cutting, cutting. What do we do? We cut. Cut. Cut.

Marc with the help of Kaiden and Kharn work on putting together the stage but something is wrong and Marc can't really put his thumb around it. "NO NO NO NO! YOU GOT IT ALL WRONG! OH MY GOD! DON'T YOU KNOW ANYTHING?! DIDN'T YOU LEARN ANYTHING IN STAGE-BUILDING SCHOOL? OH. MY. GOD. LOOK AT THIS STAGE! ITS HORRRRRRENDOUS!" A little sprite materializes itself from the crudely form stage, "WHERE IS MY ICE TEA?" The spirit takes the form of a well dress pet monkey who appears to be having a nervous breakdown, "WE WILL NEVER FINISH AT THIS RATE!" It scoffs at Marc and turns to Kharn, "YOU, YOU BIG HUNKY PIECE OF MEAT. MMMM. YOU FIX THIS!"

Marc winces a few times as he looks back on the construction, and might indeed be about to say something when..double-yew, tee, eff. The Rahu blinks and backs up a step in surprise when the sprite materializes, dropping the hammer to the ground before vocalizing the mental reaction, "What the holy fuck?" He turns and looks accusingly at Logan, though there IS a faint smile to his face, "The hell did you put in my beer?

Noting the apparent choas over at the stage, Free gives a sigh. "Logan, perhaps I could call for some backup for this little project?" There's a pause. "Only thing is, well.. they aren't one of the People." Shane's drawn out sigh earns the other man a pointed look, but he takes a breath before saying, "Hey, no one said anything about a play when I got the message to come over. You want to sigh? Fine, but it's not going to help anything. So how about you and me put out heads together and gets this fiasco sorted out?"

> Kharn to Here <=====================================================

   Rolled 1 Success 
   < 2 4 6 10 >

================================> Dexterity + Crafts + 3 [No Flags] <

> Kharn to Here <=====================================================

   Rolled 2 Successes 
   < 4 4 9 10 >

================================> Dexterity + Crafts + 3 [No Flags] <

GAME: Kharn spends 1 Willpower

> Kharn to Here <=====================================================

   Rolled 1 Success 
   < 3 3 4 4 6 8 >

============================> Dexterity + Crafts + 3 + 3 [No Flags] <

<OOC> Kharn says, "imma reroll that one with prey charm..."

> Kharn to Here <=====================================================

   Rolled 2 Successes 
   < 2 2 3 3 4 4 6 8 9 >

========================> Dexterity + Crafts + 3 + 3 + 3 [No Flags] <

> Kharn to Here <=====================================================

   Rolled 0 Success 
   < 1 2 3 >

================================> Dexterity + Crafts + 3 [No Flags] <

> Kharn to Here <=====================================================

   Rolled 1 Success 
   < 3 6 8 >

================================> Dexterity + Crafts + 3 [No Flags] <

> Kharn to Here <=====================================================

   Rolled 3 Successes 
   < 1 9 9 10 >

================================> Dexterity + Crafts + 3 [No Flags] <

Astrid has gotten Roman set on cutting fabric and there's a bit of a look at the guys hammering. She also winces and there's a bit of a look to Shane, "Think they'll be offended if I take the hammer and help?" she asks with a bit of a chuckle.

The stage is lacking in some parts. Clearly it needs a little bit more work but the monkey spirit stares at it, bitting its lower lip as it watches Kharn work, "YES, PERFECT!" It turns to Marc and scoffs. The monkey spirit jumps up to the stage and does a little jig before vanishing into the background, leaving behind an outline of its shape on the wood.

Shane is already ambling over towards the makeshift stage when he gets the look from Free, lifting his hands to the look Free gives him and mustering a vaguely apologetic look. "Hey, I'm not knocking your choices," he assures, never mind he just did exactly that. "So what's going on with--" he cuts off sharply as the spirit appears, pulling up short with his mouth hanging open. His surprise is soon replaced with a rapidly growing anger. "You better be fucking kidding me right now."

Logan frowns at the commotion, "Hey, that's mean." He manages to say before glancing over his shoulder to Free and shaking his head, "No man. This is something we got to do on our own. Our People." Logan says as he takes a long drag of his blunt and turns back to look at the stage, "Kind of small but I think it works. Good job guys."

"I guess they've got it." Astrid states as she looks over the stage. She doesn't go any closer due to the spirit as it's not anything she wants to get closer to. Nope! She listens to the ruckus and then backs up back to the fabric table and Roman. Because cutting stuff was much much better than dealing with Spirits.

Shane is still staring angrily at the spot where the spirit vanished, his fingers clamped so tightly around his beer that the sides of the can have sunk inwards until they're almost touching. Deep breathing, Shane, deep breathing-- he's making visible effort to calm himself down again, and not doing the greatest job of it. He looks completely ready to lunge forward the second it dares to appear a second time. "Logan." He keeps his voice flatly even, but his irritation seeps in still. "First on our to-do list is instilling some goddamn respect in the locals."

GAME: Free spends 1 Willpower

> Free to Here <======================================================

   Rolled 1 Success 
   < 3 5 6 6 7 7 10 >

=====================> Manipulation + Expression + 3 + 3 [No Flags] <

> Shane to Here <=====================================================

   Rolled 1 Success 
   < 2 2 4 5 7 7 9 >

===============> Wits + Expression.Story-telling - 2 + 3 [No Flags] <

> Shane to Here <=====================================================

Extended Roll Rolls: 7 Successes: 10 Exceptional Successes: 0 You did not meet the Target Number

=====================================================> 5 [No Flags] <

GAME: Free spends 1 Willpower

> Free to Here <======================================================

   Rolled 5 Successes for an exceptional success.
   < 2 2 3 4 5 6 8 8 9 9 10 >

========================> Intelligence + Empathy + 2 + 3 [No Flags] <

Roman keeps his head down and he's ignoring the spirit. His hands are shaking and he's cutting. If he doesn't see it, it never happened. He snarls under his breath as he keeps cutting the fabric. Squares. Squares. Squares. Fucking spirit squares.

While their busy writing the play, despite the little verbal tussle, Free and Shane manage to get the words flowing reaall good. That is until the story reaches a high point, and the Cahalith seems at a loss for words. With a furrowed brow the young Storm Lord stuies his companion for a moment, trying to get into the other guy's headspace and gleam so idea behind what's causing the issue. After a short while it clicks, "Look I know we're getting close to Father Wolf's decline, but you can't let that keep you down. Our people did what they had to, when any Alpha is too weak to lead his people another always has to step up and take that mantle from their shoulders -- enabling them to rest and live on knowing the Pack will be in good hands. It was a hard time for everyone back then, but look.. We're here still to this day. We'll make it through this, we just need you to put the story into words so that we can share that legacy with everyone."

Even when he's stuck on the story itself, Shane's got enough self-awareness to be able to pick out what he's hung up on - a need to elicit a certain emotion? To lull the audience before a sudden change? Which version of a part of the story to go with? - and it's clear the Cahalith enjoys collaborating. Though he's still learning when it comes to the finer points of his role, he's got enough raw talent to put together a decent, if novice, production. "We need the right symbology to draw out the right feelings," he muses to Free, quiet a measure longer, then nodding. "How about..." and off the story goes, put down layer by layer from the general to the detailed, the kinks smoothed out, and Shane looking satisfied by the time they're done.

Words are only as good as they look. The spotlight turns to Astrid and Roman. The wolfblooded were left with the most important duty of all, to make the dream real. Was this done purposely? One may never find out but once again the Herd were responsible for the mess the Uratha left behind. This wasn't their play but never the less they carry the burder of seeing the will of their once great ancestors - The Forsaken complete.

> Shane to Here <=====================================================

Extended Roll Rolls: 7 Successes: 10 Exceptional Successes: 0 You did not meet the Target Number

=====================================================> 5 [No Flags] <

> Roman to Here <=====================================================

   Rolled 1 Success 
   < 2 2 10 >

================================> Dexterity + Crafts + 3 [No Flags] <

GAME: Astrid spends 1 Willpower

> Astrid to Here <====================================================

   Rolled 6 Successes for an exceptional success.
   < 1 2 2 3 3 3 4 5 5 6 6 8 9 9 10 10 10 >

==================> Dexterity + Crafts.Tailoring + 3 + 3 [No Flags] <

> Astrid to Here <====================================================

   Rolled 2 Successes 
   < 1 1 2 2 4 7 7 7 7 8 9 >

======================> Dexterity + Crafts.Tailoring + 3 [No Flags] <

> Astrid to Here <====================================================

   Rolled 3 Successes 
   < 1 3 3 3 4 5 6 7 8 8 9 >

======================> Dexterity + Crafts.Tailoring + 3 [No Flags] <

GAME: Astrid spends 1 Willpower

> Astrid to Here <====================================================

   Rolled 1 Success 
   < 2 2 3 4 4 4 5 5 6 7 7 7 7 8 >

==================> Dexterity + Crafts.Tailoring + 3 + 3 [No Flags] <

> Astrid to Here <====================================================

   Rolled 2 Successes 
   < 1 1 2 2 2 3 4 4 5 6 9 10 >

======================> Dexterity + Crafts.Tailoring + 3 [No Flags] <

> Astrid to Here <====================================================

   Rolled 6 Successes for an exceptional success.
   < 1 1 4 4 4 4 5 5 7 7 8 8 9 9 10 10 >

==================> Dexterity + Crafts.Tailoring + 3 + 3 [No Flags] <

With Roman's help Astrid is able to do a few miracles with costumes. There's a keen eye used and she digs through a few things to find just the right shade of red, the softest colors of blue and a dazzling white for pieces. She leans back to size a few of the people gathered up visually and then goes back to pinning things together. "Some of the straightest cuts I've seen in awhile, you do good work." she tells Roman quietly as she finishes with Luna's dress and then steps back with a pin between her lips. She then gives a stiff nod, good job!

The legacy of the Forsaken is not carried by the Uratha rather their most trusted allies the urdurgarum. That is today's lesson. The story about the wolf you are to tell is incomplete if one forgets about the story of Eren; the sheep, the herd. As Uratha you are their shepherd to guide them through the many obstacles that they will face. To safeguard their home, this world, in which we are guest. To protect them from harm, especially that which we may inflict. For they bare our legacy. For that they are the true favorite of Amahan Iduth.