"You cannot study magic. You cannot learn it. You must ingest it. Digest it. You must merge with it. And it with you."
― Lev Grossman, The Magicians
- Flared Nimbus
- A bright golden light surrounds her body. It's almost as if it emanates from within, flaring around her much like old paintings where people have been touched by God or a higher deity.
- Long-Term Nimbus
- Truth. Light. Righteousness. Those feelings and more are felt within the confines of magic. All lies are melted away to reveal the inner truth. Bits and pieces of the fallen world start to appear with their supernal counterparts, and a pulsing beating can be he heard throughout the magic casting, as if it's the very pulse of magic itself.
- Assistant Professor of Anthropology (Mundane)
- From her faculty bio: Julia Debard's earlier work pursues issues informing colonial encounters, translation, and the political implications of cultural discourse, with a particular focus on India. Her books wrote to disclose the horizons and limits of cultural critique within her native India and a postcolonial India, as well as within the field of anthropological inquiry itself. Her more recent work on Javanese exorcism, shadow-puppet theater, narrative, circuitries of voice, and magic, extends this analytical mix of historical, ethnographic, and political concerns, as does her work on emergent technologies and machineries of the modern and late-modern. A continuing interest remains, always, questions of sound—How does one live and move within worlds of sound? How does one think with and through sound?—and matters of music, echoes of that which lies just beyond language and strangely close to the heart.
- St. John's University (Mundane)
- She's a first year assistant professor with a faculty appointment in the department of anthropology. She also has a courtesy appointment in the department of classics as well. Maybe you're in her freshman class or one of her upperclassmen seminars?
- California and New York (Mundane and Mage)
- She grew up in northern California in the Bay Area. Her parents were both curators in the local athenaeum and she was a sleepwalker for most of her life until she fully awakened in New York. It was during her in New York did she serve as a local acquisitor and served in a formal apprenticeship to a local Mysterium master.
- Archaeomancer (Mage)
- She considers herself a bit of an Indiana Jones. She's an anthropologist and goes on mystical misadventures pursuing magical artifacts. Too bad she can't take her students along. She's been actively involved in awakened misadvenures for over a decade and has traveled the globe. Have you run into each other before?
- Eye of Ain Soph (Mage)
- The very nature and origin of magic fascinates her. She'd love to pick your brain about what you perceive as the truth and magic. A very academic mage by her nature, she is obsessed with better understanding the nature of magic itself, working on developing a grand unified theory of magic. She thinks the Free Councilors might be onto something with their tenet of "humanity is magical", but don't let the others hear that.
- Daduchos Superior (Mage)
- Yes, she considers herself an "acquisitor" which is a relatively low rank Mystagogue, but that's only because she loves the thrill of going out into the field. She really considers herself more of a "field researcher" in this regard, but she's actually a Mystagogue with a decade and a half of experience and thus carries significant clout within her order.
Allies, Cohorts, Family, & Friends
- Bacchus - The BFF. The Partner in Crime. One of the few people in this world that she can truly stand. She's so glad he's in town, and now they can continue their crazy shenanigans... even if he's a stinkin' Libertine.
- Havok: The Beau. One of my closest confidants, we've been through a lot together. It's interesting to see that you're actually from this small sleepy town. It'll be good to be working with you again.
- Sage: Interesting fellow. He knows way more than he lets on and for an apostate, that's definitely saying much. I wonder what his story is.
- Alvin: Again, more people I run into! Stay out of trouble, and don't get me into any more of your shenanigans!
|| Archaeomancer (Reclaimant on occasion)
|| Eyes of Ain Soph
| Consilium Status
|| ○ ○ ○ ○ ○
| Mysterium Status
|| ● ● ● ○ ○
| University Status
|| ● ● ○ ○ ○
| Date of Birth/App Age:
|| July 4 1990/30
|| Assistant Professor of Anthropology
| Played By:
|| Summer Bishil
- Whitesnake - Here I Go Again
- And here I go again on my own
- Goin' down the only road I've ever known
- Like a drifter, I was born to walk alone
- And I've made up my mind
- I ain't wasting no more time
- David Bowie and Queen - Under Pressure
- It's the terror of knowing what the world is about
- Watching some good friends screaming
- "Let me out!"
- Pray tomorrow gets me higher
- Pressure on people, people on streets
- Cruel to be Kind - Nick Lowe
- You've gotta be cruel to be kind, in the right measure
- Cruel to be kind, it's a very good sign
- Cruel to be kind, means that I love you, baby