Approved Numina & Global HRs
- Power + Finesse are rolled when using Numina rather than the stats listed in the books. This is for thematic reasons.
- Any resistance or contested action automatically includes a Supernatural Trait stat if possessed.
- If the book mentions Supernatural Tolerance, this is replaced by your Supernatural Trait if possessed.
- Abduct (Book of Spirits p. 138)
- This is usable both ways.
- The power does not work on supernatural targets, even if technically mortal (such as ghouls or magi).
- Abduct does work on the wolf-blooded, or those with lesser templates, such as thaumaturges and psychics.
- Animal Control (The World of Darkness p. 210)
- Blast (God Machine Chronicles p. 229)
- The maximum weapon bonus is equal to the entity’s Spirit Rank.
- Defense and Armor does not apply.
- Camouflage (Book of Spirits p. 138)
- Command Fire (Werewolf the Forsaken p. 111)
- Purified Only (Others gain this as a gift)
- Commune (Book of Spirits p139)
- The character must choose whether this applies to nature, rural, or urban environments on purchase. They may purchase this multiple times for other options.
- This numina takes 1 essence per minute. It gives the following information and allows for a Clash of Wills check:
- 1 success: General presence of intruders or threats (people or situations)
- 2 successes: General number and location of threat or intruder (still no specifics)
- 3 successes: Basic identifying information, such as species (human, prey animal, predator animal), gender, and threat type (forest fire, downed power line, etc.)
- 4 successes: More specific information (humans are cops, predators are polar bears, etc.)
- 5 successes: Creature type, if supernatural creature.
- Concealment (Book of Spirits p. 139)
- Essence Thief (God Machine Chronicles p. 229)
- Firestarter (God Machine Chronicles p. 229)
- Heal (Book of Spirits p. 142)
- This is only usable on others, not on the caster and heals in two seperate ways.
- Bashing & Lethal Damage
- The user does not need to heal the least severe damage first, they may choose how to allocate successes and essence for healing. Essence spent on this numina (including the initial point for activation) is:
- 1 essence + 1 success per 2 bashing
- 1 essence + 2 successes per 1 lethal
- Essence may be spent over successive turns as long as the spirit has unused successes.
- Aggravated Damage
- Only non-spirit characters and Rank 3+ spirits can heal aggravated damage with this power. Healing aggravated damage is painful and exhausting to the the caster. Healing aggravated damage is a separate extended roll. Essence spent on this numina (including the initial point for activation) is:
- 1 essence for activation + 2 essence per 1 Aggravated damage healed
- The target number is 5 successes per aggravated damage to heal with the max number of rolls is equal to the casters Power + Finesse. Each roll represents 1 minute of work.
- The amount of damage healed is capped at your Spirit Rank.
- Healing aggravated damage is only usable once per day, per target.
- Left-Handed Spanner (God Machine Chronicles p. 229)
- Omen Trance (Book of Spirits p. 144)
- Reaching (Book of Spirits p. 146)
- This Numen must be purchased to use other Numina across the Gauntlet.
- Savant (Book of Spirits p146)
- Speed (God Machine Chronicles p. 230)
- Spirit Crown (Summoners p. 222)
- This is only usable upon spirits. Not other creatures even if in spirit form.
- Spirit Prowess (Antagonists p. 38)
- Up to five points of Essence can be spent to increase attributes rolls for a scene. Once assigned to an attribute, it can’t be reallocated without a reflexive expenditure of one Willpower point to move the bonus among Attributes rolls.
- One dot per essence may be added to any combination of the Power, Finesse, Resilience, Strength, Dexterity, or Stamina rolls.
- Telekinesis (God Machine Chronicles p. 230)
- Damage done by this power is always Bashing and Armor applies. It cannot be used to lift or move an unwilling living (or undead) target, unless said target is unconscious due to damage (for instance, pulling someone out of a fight if they drop).
- Telepathy (Book of Spirits p148)
- No derangement for participants.
- Threshold (Book of Spirits p. 148)
- Wilds Sense (Book of Spirits p. 149)
Purified Specific Numina House Rules
- Please read Book of Spirits, pg 137, and 138, the Resistance and targeting. It tells you how to determine your Range, that Defense, Cover, Concealment, and Armor all applies, and there is a penalty to your roll equal to the Gauntlet Rating if you are attempting to use a Numina across it. Please remember all of these things.
The maximum number of numina a Purified may have is determined by Chi as follows:
- Chi 1 = 4 Numina
- Chi 2 = 5 Numina
- Chi 3 = 6 Numina
- Chi 4 = 7 Numina
- Chi 5 = 9 Numina