Game help:Dir 2
Staff Commands for +Dir
(See +help dir for the regular user commands.)
Players cannot create or edit their own entries; staff has to do that. Thankfully, it's easy peasy to do so.
Each of the entries is stored as an attribute on the +Directory Database Object.
- +dir/new <location name>
- Creates a new entry in the database.
- +dir/set <location>/<field>=<text>
- Sets X field for the location.
- +dir/remove <location name>
- Removes an entry from the database.
Since the entries are attributes, their removal is permanent. Be mindful of it.
The <field> section consists of:
- Coords: The grid coordinate of the location.
- Name: Already filled in, by virtue of creating the entry at all.
- Category: What type of location is it? Business? Public? Housing? Etc.
- PC: Who owns it? Use 'NPC Owned' for staff-run businesses.
- Res: What resources level does this area require?
- Note: Notes about the site. Any useful information/background.
When a build's owner is frozen and the grace period has elapsed, the business' "PC" field should be manually set to "AVAILABLE" to indicate that it is up for grabs.
To set a sphere-specific public location on +dir, please use @force me= before +dir/set on the category, and include the sphere-abbreviation in sphere-specific ANSI color. These colors correspond to those used on the bboards for consistency's sake.
- ex. @force me=+dir/set nemo's/cat=%x<#04B45F>FAE:%xn Hedgespun Gadgets
- FAE -- #04B45F
- FAM -- #FA58F4
- FER -- #B18904
- GEI -- #00FFFF
- HUN -- #81DAF5
- IMM -- #FF8000
- MAG -- #F3F781
- POS -- #808080
- PRO -- #8000FF
- VAM -- #B40404
- WER -- #808000
See Game_help:Dir 3 for details on categories to use.