Violet June has arranged for:
Holiday Tree Lighting Event at the Albergo Gancia. Get into the spirit with an outdoor tree lighting event. Be sure to dress warm. Hot cocoa, peppermint and a bonfire to follow.
Holiday Tree Lighting - Sat Dec 03 16:00 EST. Sanctioned by Management. +Event 3814
It's a gorgeous, rundown hotel on its last legs, but renovations have improved it considerably. It might survive another decade of bookings, but it will need some real tender, loving care to do so. What it's got, it flaunts: beautiful views of the Maine coast out of the majority of rooms and a vista of old-growth trees for the remainder. None overlook the parking lot and nobody is stuck staring at a brick wall.
It's a monolithic reminder of the days of yesteryear when a hotel could be booked all summer long and empty for its winter, yet it continues to move forward through time. the paint endures like the obdurate stone it is shaded like, the floors are original and will outlast most of the generations that will walk on them. Even the chandeliers look timeless and ageless. It's a quaint, somewhat creepy place and the rates are affordable.
To acquire lodging on a temporary basis, a +temproom will suffice. For longer duration stays, requesting permission to join the main build is a requirement. We appreciate your patronage and hope to continue providing in-house delights as well as consummate professional care.
Enzo or Maureen for further details. No, it is not for rent, loan, or sale.
The penthouse and top-most floor is off-limited to guests, vendors, and associates. For all inquiries regarding it, contact
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
To join our crew or arrange a room, addcom ag=Albergo Gancia, and once you're aboard, comtitle ag=%xgGuest%xn for those only visiting, and comtitle ag=%xmJob Title%xn for those hired on as employees. To see a list of employees, guests, and staff, check +Faction Albergo Gancia.
There is a Pokemon Go gym on the island and a Pokestop at the south and west ends of the hotel grounds. The gym is currently held by Enzo's 3,460 Dragonite. It remains undefeated. The gym is Team Valor, as is the majority of the staff of the Albergo Gancia.
There are plots available for both residents and visitors to the hotel. To get involved, contact the STs. A list of current and resolved plots is located
There are opportunities for other players to become involved in the goings-on of the Albergo Gancia and join the family. A hotel caters to all guests, provided there is room enough for them, and misbehaving guests will find the doors open on the way but closed for the way in, per the custom. Some of the job opportunities and guest engagements are listed below.
Note: If you expect a sales pitch offering you a job, you will be disappointed. Someone who wishes to work for the Albergo Gancia must ask for the opportunity. Interview scenes can be arranged. Zero offers will be made, going forward.
- Bellhops: ferrying luggage to and from clients' rooms and providing car services. Tips forthcoming, as a rule.
- Cleaning Crew: maids and housekeepers have obvious duties, and sometimes figure out other means of earning. That's their prerogative, so long as the house gets a cut.
- Bartenders: handling drink orders, maintaining the Marple Lounge, possibly working on private junkets on the hotel's personal fleet of sailing vessels.
- Groundskeeper: keeping the place looking nice, from the outside. Includes painting, roofing, and road repair.
- Security: keeping our clients safe and sound. May also include special cleaning duties. Tips forthcoming, as a rule.
- Regular Guests: clients who book rooms frequently. Get to know the employees and be known by them.
- Stage Acts: there is a stage area in the ballroom. The planned theme is burlesque and musical groups suitable for the guests.
The Marple Lounge
Situated equidistant from the front doors to the ballroom, the lounge is arranged with enough chairs and small tables to allow almost any size group to converse privately among themselves, or for individuals to make a quiet place to recuperate without being fully reclusive. The bar boasts a living saltwater fish tank with unique aquatic life not found easily. The wine list is impressive, as is the house rum, and they can arrange for liquors to suit all tastes to be delivered by day's end. All in all, it's a cozy, comfortable place to unwind. The waitstaff are diligent and understand privacy.
- Jul 21, 2016 - Singing for Supper
- Jul 25, 2016 - Of Blades, Macoroni Art, and Brandy Alexanders
- Jul 29, 2016 - The Thirteenth Visitor
- Jul 29, 2016 - Declined?!
- Jul 29, 2016 - PrP:Raconteur Island - History Lessons - The Dead Cat
- Aug 01, 2016 - Refined Notions
- Aug 01, 2016 - PrP:Raconteur Island - History Lessons - The Basement
- Aug 02, 2016 - The Nickel Tour
- Aug 05, 2016 - All in a Day's Work
- Aug 09, 2016 - On Christmas Island Red Crabs and Civilization
- Aug 09, 2016 - PrP:Raconteur Island - History Lessons - At the Shore
- Aug 10, 2016 - Details
- Aug 13, 2016 - Decisions Made Carefully
- Aug 15, 2016 - PrP:Raconteur Island - History Lessons - The Dive
- Aug 20, 2016 - PrP:Raconteur Island - History Lessons - The Gazebo Incident
- Aug 20, 2016 - Bed and Breakfast and Hotels and Lemonade
- Aug 22, 2016 - Room Service - Crunching Sounds
- Aug 22, 2016 - PrP:Raconteur Island - History Lessons - Suite 105
- Aug 31, 2016 - Room Service - Hello and Goodbye
- Sep 10, 2016 - Lost in Translations
- Sep 13, 2016 - Dance Like Everyone Is Watching
- Sep 22, 2016 - Joining the Crew
- Sep 27, 2016 - Meeting the Dragon
- Oct 09, 2016 - The New Moment
- Oct 12, 2016 - About A Girl
- Oct 22, 2016 - Frozen Foolish
- Oct 25, 2016 - Wyrd Evo - Enzo - Service With a Smile
- Oct 30, 2016 - One Less Guest
- Jan 02, 2018 - A Magical Evening - Harvest Ball
- Feb 24, 2018 - People Planning Parties Properly
- Feb 24, 2018 - Albergo Gancia: Real Talk
- Feb 24, 2018 - PrP:Raconteur Island - History Lessons - The Lounge Discussion
- Feb 24, 2018 - October Movie Night
- Feb 24, 2018 - Valor and Mojitos
- Feb 24, 2018 - End of Summer Crab Boil
- Feb 24, 2018 - Staff Meeting, Semi-Formal - About the Island
- Feb 24, 2018 - Dancer Discussions
- Feb 24, 2018 - A Steward and a Party Planner
- Feb 24, 2018 - Staff Meeting, Informal - About the Crabs
- Feb 24, 2018 - Enzo's 50th and or 97th Birthday
- Oct 21, 2020 - A Magical Evening - Albergo Gancia Harvest Ball 2016
- Jun 23, 2021 - Two Pianos and the Dawn