- An old Cherokee told his grandson,
- "My son, there is a battle between two wolves inside us all.
- One is anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
- The other is good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness, empathy and truth."
- The boy asked "Grandfather, which wolf wins?"
- The old man replied, "The one you feed."
Quiet, curious and generally eager to get along with people, Višnja has been in town for around two years, though she spends too much time in the Hedge.
It isn't known when, or where, this Romani child was born. It isn't a question she seems able to answer. So may it be presumed that when or where ever that was, she was Taken soon after, to spend the rest of her life in a place far from mortal reach. The Realm of the Wild Hunt, the supernatural host that inspired the many myths and legends. She was freed, of course, by chance and circumstance. After unknown years or decades. A nameless and feral little girl, turned over to the care of a Fae-Touched kumpania. To learn how to be human for the first time. Now, ten years later...
Hooks & Details
- Višnja: Her name is Višnja, not Wish. She will grudgingly allow the nickname for folks who have trouble pronouncing 'Višnja', but really, it isn't hard.
- Romani: She has a strong East European accent, which she explains by being from Croatia. This isn't exactly wrong, but isn't exactly right.
- Language: Speaking of languages, her English is limited and has linguistic difficulties in general. A lingering side effect of her Seeming and feral childhood.
- Changeling: She's lived in town for around two years, though she's been free for nearly a decade.
- Dusk: She's a member of this Court, though she doesn't seem to fit the stereotype. Or she fits it perfectly. Depends on one's point of view.
- Feral: No, not that Feral. Lowercase feral. She tries very hard to appear normal, but in the arc of her lifeline, she's only been human for part of it. It shows.
Valhalla: Where she is most readily found, the community she's closest to. Until it was destroyed.
Blackridge_Bed_and_Breakfast: She also has a part-time job here too. Maid sorts of things. Until it closed. It re-opened, but she doesn't work there now.
Albergo_Gancia: She now has a part time job at this posh hotel over on Raconteur Island island. Until it closed. Yes, she was an East European housekeeper.
- So yeah, unemployed: at the moment. But she keeps herself busy, as she's a...
- Fitness nut: She's quite physically active, perhaps you've bumped into her while she was out for a run? Some pickup game at a park somewhere?
||Hunterheart/Flamesiren (& sometimes Fireheart)
||The Name Changes with the Myth
The young woman has a Mediterranean colouration; dusky-olive, foreign. Possibly Indian, possibly Egytian. Turkish? Maybe. Subtle features, vaguely exotic to the untravelled. Attractive, not remarkably so. Brown eyes, deep bronze even. Thick hair dark enough to be mistaken black, it takes full sunlight to show the chocolate it really is, wavy hair that would fall past shoulders if allowed to. She is of slight build, wiry. These are all just some words, though, thrown loosely together, other words could be used in similar ways with similar affect; She's a pretty girl from not around here. None of these words could effectively convey the otherness about her, a missing je ne sais quoi, like she were a tourist from a strange land in a normal one.
Over this mortal frame dances fire, reflecting her moods with their intensity. When she is calm, there is just girl and an infrequent lick of flame that isn't. Where this fire touches, she is wolf. A lupine ear, coldsteel eyes. Gray-black-white fur where should be skin. These chimerical shadows scatter quickly, easily. Like a candle in the wind. As her emotions rise, so does this flame, covering her in the flickering illusion of wolf, of hunter. Of predator.
- Nov 15, 2015 - Hoblings
- Dec 11, 2015 - PRP-Hedgey Holiday Potluck
- Dec 16, 2015 - Decorating Valhalla
- Dec 22, 2015 - Christmas at Valhalla
- Jan 03, 2016 - Winter Charity Ball
- Jan 22, 2016 - Scarecrow Briefing
- Jan 24, 2016 - Strange Deaths
- Jan 24, 2016 - Scarecrow Stakeouts
- Jan 30, 2016 - Valhalla Open House 2.0
- Feb 04, 2016 - Of Fetches and Dreams
- Feb 05, 2016 - Underwear Chronicles - The White Lady
- Feb 19, 2016 - Wendells Birthday!
- Mar 25, 2016 - Whisper Whisper
- Mar 26, 2016 - Valhalla Falls
- Mar 26, 2016 - Valhalla Falls: Aftermath
- Apr 07, 2016 - Hedge Scouting
- Apr 16, 2016 - Spring Cleaning: The Hobs
- May 11, 2016 - Bonfire Beach Party (Plus A Yacht)
- Jul 05, 2016 - Founder's Day 2016
- Jul 23, 2016 - Survival, Evasion, Escape - Stealth 101
- Aug 18, 2016 - Always Room In Jello
- Aug 20, 2016 - Bed and Breakfast and Hotels and Lemonade
- Aug 23, 2016 - For Honor: Achievement Unlocked 20G - Gilded Glory
- Aug 31, 2016 - Sleep if you Dare: Campout Slumberparty
- Sep 04, 2016 - Spring Court Meeting - July 2016
- Sep 04, 2016 - Spring Court Meeting - June 2016
- Sep 04, 2016 - Spring Court Meeting: May 2016
- Sep 06, 2016 - Summer Court Meeting - Sept 2016
- Oct 01, 2016 - Spring Court Meeting - September 2016
- Oct 08, 2016 - Cosmic Bowling
- Oct 28, 2016 - Stranger... Danger?
- Oct 30, 2016 - Spring Falls
- Jan 03, 2017 - PrP - Spiderbears and Babies
- Jan 03, 2017 - PrP - Tree Tent
- Apr 05, 2017 - SEE - Fast Talk for Simple Folk
- Apr 05, 2017 - PRP:Obstacle Course Race 2016
- Jun 30, 2017 - Summer Crowning 2017
- Jul 02, 2017 - Lighthouse Meetings
- Jul 02, 2017 - Fairy Tale Halloween Party
- Aug 30, 2017 - Ramblings of Russian
- Sep 03, 2017 - The Color of Time - A Fallen Star
- Sep 08, 2017 - An Unexpected Recital
- Sep 20, 2017 - Shut Up and Jam!
- Jan 02, 2018 - Winter Solstice - 2017
- Jan 10, 2018 - One Time in The Market
- Jan 17, 2018 - Skyvardo
- Feb 03, 2018 - The Color of Time - Autumn Crowning 2017
- Feb 03, 2018 - Lost Caravans
- Feb 24, 2018 - The Beachside Luau
- Feb 24, 2018 - Staff Meeting, Informal - About the Crabs
- Feb 24, 2018 - Off Season Annuncement
- Feb 24, 2018 - Enzo's 50th and or 97th Birthday
- Feb 26, 2018 - Couch-Surfing Prince