"We do not grow absolutely, chronologically. We grow sometimes in one dimension, and not in another; unevenly. We grow partially. We are relative. We are mature in one realm, childish in another. The past, present, and future mingle and pull us backward, forward, or fix us in the present. We are made up of layers, cells, constellations." - Anaïs Nin
- ...and enjoying the hell out of it in the very best of company.
- ...and enjoying that somewhat less. She's been able to barter for information, trading favors with the dead, as a means of survival over the course of centuries. This means the dead she can't not see may expect to be able to strike a bargain. While her acceptance of the appearance of ghosts is long-standing, it doesn't make her any more comfortable with some of the things she's asked to do, or their unexpected visitations or needs.
- Art & Beauty
- She loves art, loves beauty natural and created, loves fine performances and artistic gifts and talents. All are fascinations to her more than costly things; Sybille is a magpie, caring less about the cost of a thing than its innate wonder or creativity.
- That Voice
- Her accent, like that of many of the long-lived, is hard to place. Her English carries a British accent, but the cadence of her speech is incredibly lyrical, with graceful elision more common to a long-time speaker of many Romance languages. It is a beautiful, and noteworthy, sound to hear, even in speech -- let alone when she is singing. (Striking Voice 2: Exotic Accent)
- Secret Philanthropy
- Over the course of the centuries, certain causes or crises have drawn her out of her dedication to enjoying and exploring the possibilities of a life so long to demand attention. In some cases, significant sacrifices -- and risks, even for someone Immortal -- have resulted.
- Flowery Wench
- Sybille is a bit... flowery. By which her player means, this bitch should write for Harlequin or some shit. Her player... does not, she just plays one on TV--er, FC. Her player swears like a sailor and is generally a sane person. Sybille is over the top enough this seems like something worth noting, just in case. (Her player is way more chartreuse than purple.)
"How well I know with what burning intensity you live. You have experienced many lives already, including several you have shared with me -- full rich lives from birth to death, and you just have to have these rest periods in between." - Anaïs Nin
"Stories do not end." - Anaïs Nin
No logs have been posted yet.
Things are calling me away.
My hair is being pulled by the stars again." - Anaïs Nin
"One discovers that destiny can be diverted, that one does not have to remain in bondage to the first wax imprint made on childhood sensibilities. Once the deforming mirror has been smashed, there is a possibility of wholeness. There is a possibility of joy." - Anaïs Nin
Universal Hall Pass - Ring of Fire (cover)
- the taste of love is sweet
- when hearts like ours meet
- I fell for you like a child
- oh, but the fire went wild
Florence + The Machine - Rabbit Heart
- Here I am, a rabbit hearted girl
- Frozen in the headlights
- It seems I've made the final sacrifice
- We raise it up, this offering
- We raise it up
- This is a gift, it comes with a price
- Who is the lamb and who is the knife?
- Midas is king and he holds me so tight
- And turns me to gold in the sunlight
• Name •Sybille Adele Ward
• Character Type •
Immortal • Eternal
• Concept •
• Virtue •
• Vice •
• Age •
Early 20s (750+)
• Notable Stats •
Relic Analyst •
Supernatural Esteem (Ghosts) ••
Striking Looks (Enticing) ••
Striking Voice (Exotic Accent) ••
Deathsight (Permanent) ••••