“I am beyond good and evil at this point. I am beyond the lines drawn in the sand by society at this juncture. I am beyond fear, beyond religion, beyond the morals and mores. I am Lord of the Fucking Flies. Do you understand?”
—Jason S. Hornsby, Every Sigh, the End
If you're looking for a past, you're going to have to try a hell of a lot harder than you would expect. Sand pops up on the radar about a decade ago. Drifter settling into town, making coastal life his new ideal. Or some such horseshit. Let's be honest here, Sand is an unrepentant thief, liar, and a drunk. Those are, as he is often to repeat, his good qualities. He's worked in the area as an unexpectedly accomplished thief, earning a name for himself with the Southside Kings and other less than reputable sorts.
If you're Awakened, you're going to know a little bit more about this man, myth and legendary nuissance. Sand is a proud, card carrying Citizen Agent of the Free Council Assembly. While it's quite obvious from his actions and deeds, he doesn't really go for that Utopian Ideal... He's in it to hunt and outright destroy the followers of the Lie. His brazen, some would say... extreme efforts in this hobby are what earned him and another well known colleague their walking papers from the Adamantine Arrows.
These days, Sand can be found at the Queen of Hearts Lounge, slumming with gangbangers, drug addicts, drunks and thieves. Waiting by one of the few payphones left in the country or playing darts with those lunatics from Argos Panoptes.
- Local Dirtbag: Sand has been living in Fallcoast for over a decade now. He's made friends. He's made enemies. Well, alot of enemies. Comes with the territory of being a sleezebag, you know?
- Second-Story Man: Everybody needs a hobby, right? Sand has taken up with theft. He lives for a challenge but has been known to do smaller gigs just to ease the boredom. What do you need?
- Southside Kings: Sand is one of the Kings. He's held in high regard and represents with the usual purple and gold flair.
- Black Market: He dabbles. He kind of has to with his occupation. Need something on the sly? Let's talk.
- Spooky: It's been hinted that Sand may have dabbled in espionage. He's not one to give concrete facts on this, instead he prefers to feed the rumors with a wry smile and shrug. Get some tequila in him and he tends to make vague complaints on the topic. Take it for what you will.
- Citizen Agent: Having taken up with the Free Council after being uncerimoniously expelled from the Adamantine Arrows, Sand brings his special brand of overkill and professionalism to the art of hunting and killing Seers or their minions. He's been told he takes things a little too far, you know? Want some help in the field? He'll do it for free.
- Reality Stalker: It has been said that there are two kinds of Reality Stalkers. The kind that make the Legacy look good... and the other kind. Sand is the other kind. He makes no appologies on this matter.
- Argos Panoptes: The family. The gang. The cell. Whatever you want to call it, Sand is an OG of AP. Also their Farseeker.
The Usual Suspects
- Izimbali - There's nobody I'd rather have patchin' me up or dragging my half dead ass out of trouble. With how freakishly strong he is, sometimes I don't have a choice.
- Laverne - She once left me in a port-a-john with a duffle bag of grenades. Told me one was live. I may or may not have put the facility to use immediately.
- Shrike - A Guardian throwing in with us and fitting the role all too well. Didn't see that coming.
- Domino - You know, some people say she's hard to trust. I trust her. That should say something, right? Right?.
- Broker - You know why I love this guy? Because he's a showman. God DAMN does he make it all look easy. He's great for parties.
- Nicotine - The poisonous apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Terrifying when you think about it, right?
- Catnip - Fun fact about me: I'm allergic to cats. I think she has a goal to touch everything I've ever looked at. She's clearly the devil.
- Lily - Sage's Apprentice. I take great joy in making this very difficult for him and entirely too unpredictable for her.
- Bling - Our resident firebug and nurse. Really hoping that the two don't get confused in my case.
The Awakened Community
- Brother Quiet - He's one creepy motherfucker. Which is why I like him. He's alright in my book. No bullshit. Ask him his drink of choice and you'll know exactly what you're dealing with.
- Ace - You know what I love about an Awakened cop? They can't bust me for shiiiiiiiit.
- Shoryu - A builder of things. Thought she was stuck up at first, now I'm pretty sure she's good people. Especially if you want something shiny and sharp.
- Nova - Freedom! New Libertine on the block. Got my eye on this one. Not for the usual reasons.
- Yamakala - There's nobody I trust more with my measurements. Not even my ex-wives. He makes me look good.
- Uatu - Another Stalker. Met him once. Which, given what we do, is actually kind of impressive when you look at the odds.
- Dust - He's been through some shit. I can tell by the way he handles himself. Need to talk to him about a few things soon. A few special things.
Contacts and Complications
- Jade - When I'm too lazy or drunk to finish a gig, Jade is there to make the final delivery. She has no idea how many times I've been in her kitchen when she's gone. It's fucking hilarious.
- Melody - Cheese Wizard indeed. Just remember what I said, cut off circulation but don't damage the windpipe. You'll owe me one, it's cool.
- Roy - You know what I love about Roy? He moves what I score. That and he can drink me under the table. Hell, he can drink me under the basement. That's respectable.
- Kilo - Has more tattoos than half the prison population put together. Don't know what to think of that. She's ambitious though. Should be fun to watch her try and live up to her own hype.
- Stone - He's got the gang in his blood. He'll beat the blood out of you too if you give him half the chance. Wind him up and let him go, shit is impressive.
- Quesadilla - He wants to know what love is. He wants me to show him. Well, I did. He's not dead and now he's family. Mouthy little motherfucker though!
- Lola - Usually when I spy on someone for my own terrible reasons, I expect certain things. Nose picking ranks up there. You? Oh, you surprised me. I'll be returning the favor soon.
- Dora - A banger that owns a book store. You know what? I have seen everything now.
- Free - He doesn't look like much until he puts on his fur coat. On or off, he's good to have at my back.
- Shelby - Prospect. A good car thief is hard to come by. One that has similar tastes in vices and victims? That's a bingo.
- Dottie - A wise man said that she may be crazier than me. Sounds like a compliment to me. I think I'll have to see just how deep the crazy runs. You know, science and shit.
- I'm only here for myself
- I've got a big fuck you for everybody else
- Not only empty but empty and loud
- I wonder if my father is proud
- Doctor or lawyer Ill never be
- Life of a drifter, the only life for me
- You can have your riches, all the gold you saved
- Aint room for one thing in everybodys grave
- Counting all the assholes in the room
- Well I'm definitely not alone, well I'm not alone
- You're a liar, you're a cheater, you're a fool
- Well that's just like me yoohoo and I know you too
- All your dreams are just illusion
- Based on nothing and confusion
- Don't you look behind the curtain
- No more time, the end is certain
- Hush little baby, don't say a word
- And never mind that noise you heard
- It's just the beasts under your bed
- In your closet, in your head
- My friends and I—we've cracked the code
- We count our dollars on the train to the party
- And everyone who knows us knows that we're fine with this
- We didn't come from money
- One for the money
- Two for the money
- Three for the money
- Money, money, money!