- "The bird on my shoulder. Fancy raven down slumming it with a crow."
- "As your attorney, I must advise you to not try to stab that gorilla."
- "She's the one you have to watch out for, because that chick will throw down and the body count just grows."
- "Top shelf is a state of mind."
- "Reminds me of myself except way more talented with a way worse genepool to worry about."
- "She's like the zamboni machine of the Kings. A little slow to get going, but implacable and can produce horrifying results."
- "We all know that one really sketchy type, right?"
(Just a local boy)
- Roy bleeds Fallcoast. Roy is born and raised in Pigeon Hill. Roy has seen some shit. Roy is fascinated by the decaying splendor of once great Americana, the dilapidated ghosts of a bygone age. Roy aligns himself with the hardscrabble blue collar folk of Maine, and falls into that category himself, having turned to a life of crime after the mill closed, and industry left the area. He had moved out to the country, got married, lived quietly for a while. Now he's got an empty house in the middle of the woods, and ex-wife and a desire to get back to the town he loves. At least you don't have to pay alimony to escaped convicts.
(Dead and Kicking)
- Roy is a Sin Eater, he's been dead and he didn't like it very much. He won't be having any of that anymore, no sir. Roy is one of the leaders of the mysterious local Krewe the Society of Crows who are actually not all that secret, and he is deeply involved in events that affect the local Twilight Network.
(As your attorney, ...)
- Roy is a Barrister. He has studied the Old Laws of the Underworld and knows how they work, and is able to find loopholes to make them work for him, or for you for a price. Ironically, this has also led him to realize that the Underworld is kind of a terrible place to be, and he doesn't really like going there.
- Roy is OG Kings. He doesn't always look it, his style not fitting with the street gangster vibe, but make no mistake, he didn't rise through their ranks by luck. His particular skill set is as a fence and fixer, making sure that the trains run on time for the expanding organization. When doing deals, Roy can often be found at the Queen of Hearts Lounge, a wretched hive of scum and villainy.
(Of Notable Quality)
- Roy possesses the merit Striking Voice 2 (Whiskey and Cigarettes). He has a face you could maybe forget, but not that voice.
(A Night at the Diner, Night at the Movies)
- Roy is a bit of a night owl, tending to be up late, and found all over the area at odd hours, and is a staple of the insomniac crowd at several local area diners. Additionally, he is the host of a local cable television program entitled Movie Diner, With Roy in which he presents and hosts segments surrounding a hand picked "gem" from the station's vaults that suits his interests, usually strange or unusual movies, or so bad that they're good. Roy loves diners. Roy loves movies, especially bad, weird or unusual ones, off-cuts and oddities. Roy still occasionally organizes his guerrilla film festivals, breaking into a place, setting up a projector and seeing who shows up.
( Mister Brightside )
The geist now known as Mister Brightside has been in the area, cropping up since the late 1600s in one form or another, originally an archetype of of the gallows and laughing in the face of death, it has evolved over the centuries to take on an affinity with the working class and downtrodden, gallows humor to respond to the hardscrabble, often lethal realities of life. He appears as a man in a cheap suit with a noose for a necktie and a skull for a head, smoking a cigarette and wearing tarnished sunglasses, casting a shadow of carrion birds and falling feathers, leaving smoke in his wake. He is one of the original geists to bind the Channel of the Society of Crows, never having passed on the mantle of The Rope, the trickster psychopomp of the krewe.