The Long Night are Christian fundamentalists who believe that the 'monsters' of the world are actively preventing Armageddon. They believe that mankind is currently in the long night before the morning of the Second Coming. So every creature that they redeem is one less that is delaying the inevitable.
They arose in the 1970s and refer to themselves as 'The Tribulation Militia' but there is little structure to the group and some are surprised to find other members exist at all.
Playing The Long Night
- The Long Night believe that redemption is as much a goal as death when it comes to treating the monsters of the world. If they can turn a demon back to God then that is as great an achivement as its death.
- The Long Night are entrenched in Judeo-Christian interpretations of the Apocalypse so they can only be from such a culture.
- They try to be good Christians but if they fall to lust or drink then that is just a sign of how much there is to do. Their repentance will come in trying all the harder to make up for their own sins.
- The Long Night /want/ the world to end. They do what they do not to prolong humanity's suffering through a long existance but to bring it quicker to an end.
- Members are always looking for religious signs to guide them and inform them that the End is near.
The Long Night IC
Here will go the holdings of The Long Night as well as any gossip, plots, knowledge that have passed into lore.
Becoming A Long Night
Becomings for potential Long Night PCs should concentrate on their new acceptance of religious signs as guides to the future. What they do with such signs could be quite open. The Long Night have a common Judeo-Christian outlook but there is no church structure like mainstream churches.
Some form of lay baptism, or baptism by the Reverend (NPC head), could be included but not necessary. Many Long Night are unaware others even exist but when they do meet they can see each other as soul mates in assisting the Apocalypse.
It's the End of the World As We Know It
The Prayer (1 to 5 dots)
The Long Night do not accept Mortal+ into their ranks - they are probably working to prevent the Apocalypse.
IMPORTANT: To be a member of a faction you must have at least one dot in the skill that the specialty applies to. People in that faction automatically get the relevant specialty because all of their operatives are expected to need it through the work they do. Therefore, since you cannot have a specialty without a dot in the skill attached, PCs should have the relevant skill when selecting a faction.
| The Hopeless
|| Those who have been abused by the world, themselves, and other monsters and lived to tell the tale.
| The Faithful
|| Believe themselves to be the ordained soldiers of God during the Tribulation.
|| Athletics:Feats of Strength
| The Merciful
|| They seek to save everyone, even the monsters. They believe Jesus came back for everyone.
Add [[Category:The Long Night]] to your page to show up here.
Active Long Night
Inactive Long Night
Dead Long Night
NPC Long Night
Hunter/Long Night Icons
Add [[Hunter/The Long Night]] to your log for it to show up here.