Based in Milan and under the ‘command’ of ‘The Lucifuge’, these Hunters have the blood of Satan flowing in their veins. Somewhere in their bloodline an ancestor was seduced, fooled, raped or worse by the Prince or a Duke of Hell. Every seventh generation the blood activates and the (un)lucky person is dragged to Milan to learn their true heritage and be trained for the war they are now a part of.
Playing the Lucifuge
- Not all carriers of the bloodline have it activated and become Lucifuge. It is usually someone in every seventh generation and the number of Lucifuge never changes so one must die before another is ‘born’. This means you may never personally know another Lucifuge in your family. Though this is open to negotiation with Staff.
- The bloodline can be hundreds of years old. None of your parents (or grandparents, or great-grandparents, or great-great-great grandparents etc) needs to be the source of the demon blood. Though this is open to negotiation with staff.
- No Lucifuge is activated before the age of twenty three (23).
- Lucifuges do what they do to make up for the shame of their bloodline. This does not make them any weaker as warriors – it makes them focused and dedicated. They are not proud of their powers – they are tools to do their work not something to show off or boast about.
- They abhor demons. They may use them sometimes (summoning and commanding) but they do not enjoy their company, do not want them around and will not enter into alliances with them.
- Demons are cunning. They will seek out every loophole they can to be free of any binding or command. Be careful when you summon one…and make sure you can speak their language.
- All cultures can be Lucifuge. Though the book uses the filter of Judeo-Christian terms and beliefs, it is not just ’their’ Satan that is being battled. The evil that lies under different religious/cultural terminology is the same for everyone.
- There are some of the bloodline who turn away from the shame and enjoy their dark powers. They may be the most dangerous foes a Lucifuge will face – we have seen the enemy and it is us.
- '’The Lucifuge’’ is the woman in charge of the organisation. She is at least 1200 years old. All Lucifuge age slowly – the higher the status, the longer they live. Note that they do not STOP aging.
- Since a Lucifuge, or any Hunter, cannot have Status higher than 2 out of chargen, the oldest a PC could be is 279 (and would probably die of old age within the year). At 279 the PC would look, at minimum, 87 years old.
- Like all conspiracies, the Lucifuge have a hierarchy and are not fond of independent hotheads ruining it for the rest of them. Initiative is valued but not chaos - that's what the bad guys do.
- The source of your bloodline need not be Satan (or equivalent) himself and more than likely isn't. Any high demon can serve as the ancestor that started all the trouble.
The Lucifuge IC
Left There are rumors that a group of unrepentant Lucifuge (L'Enfant Diabolique) are harboring the Anti-Christ itself.
Becoming A Lucifuge
Becoming a Lucifuge is not an IC choice. It represents the activation of the bloodline and the sudden onslaught of powers and knowledge that a person should not have to deal with. Becomings should be painful, confusing and probably more internal than other Hunter Becomings. It can also only happen if a PC is at least 23 years of old.
The Lucifuge organization tracks all potential Lucifuge so when a Becoming happens 'assistance' will be close at hand. Usually new Lucifuge are taken to Milan to learn about their condition and undergo training but we don't want PCs off grid for a year IC. Instead PCs will receive their guidance from the Conspiracy NPC first (Damien Cross) and then, if PCs are available, partnered with a more experienced PC Lucifuge on grid. This doesn't mean you have to hang around with each other forever and at all times but more that a mentor is available.
The Devil Is A Loser (and He’s My Bitch)
Castigation – see Endowments for details.
Conspiracies do not allow any Mortal+.
IMPORTANT: To be a member of a faction you must have at least one dot in the skill that the specialty applies to. People in that faction automatically get the relevant specialty because all of their operatives are expected to need it through the work they do. Therefore, since you cannot have a specialty without a dot in the skill attached, PCs should have the relevant skill when selecting a faction.
| The Denial
|| Are you a good witch or a bad witch? They want to know.
|| Empathy:Discern Intent
| The Reconciliation
|| They think they can free Lucifer from his evil if they kill enough of his minions.
| The Truth
|| They can handle the truth about themselves, Lucifer, and the Lucifuge itself.
Add [[Category:Lucifuge]] to your page to show up here.
Add [[Hunter/Lucifuge]] to your log for it to show up here.