The Ashwood Abbey arose in the mid-nineteenth century as a way for the debauched rich and powerful to find new areas of pleasure. Since then, without any regard for their safety, members have 'partied' with the supernatural in a never ending cycle of one-upmanship with their fellows. Where adrenalin powers another Hunter to confront monsters, to the Abbey the whole point of the Hunt is the adrenalin - the thrill and the pleasure of the experience more important than the result. And if they die...at least they died young, pretty and in the throes of orgasmic delight.
Playing the Abbey
- Think of the Abbey as composed of the Entitled who have never actually done anything to be so. They are the Woosters, the Paris Hiltons and the Kim Kardasians of the world. Sensation and acknowledgement amongst their peers is the most important thing in their world.
- Abbey members think nothing of the dangers involved - it just makes it more thrilling if you don't know what is coming (pardon the pun). They rarely plan or prepare - certainly not compared to the work they put into Bacchanal seating arrangements.
- They are predominately rich though more from the Luxury merit than any Resources. They are not the kind who have 'real' jobs.
- Ashwood will work with other groups to attain the desired thrills and are quite happy to let others do the catching of supernatural creatures for their parties.
- Ashwood members host parties, or Bacchanals, to prove amongst their number who is the best. Remember the guidelines about other spheres when organising or advertising such parties and do not use player sphere party objects (ie vamps, werewolves, mages etc).
Here will go the holdings of Ashwood Abbey as well as any gossip, plots, knowledge that have passed into lore.
Becoming An Ashwood Abbey
Becomings should concern themselves with scenes where the potential Ashwood is introduced to the horrors of the World of Darkness...and likes it. Induction into the Abbey itself involves attendance at an Ashwood hosted party (therefore the PC should have been noticed previously) and interacting with a creature from beyond the natural. That interaction is up to you but keep in mind it will be a public log(s).
Though it will help the acceptance of potential PCs if they are wealthy or a member of the High Society it is not necessary.
It is also not necessary for the potential Ashwood to meet Domino (NPC head).
Bacchanal (1 to 5 dots)
Ashwood Abbey do not accept any Mortal+ in their ranks - mainly because they'd become fodder for games and would not last long.
IMPORTANT: To be a member of a faction you must have at least one dot in the skill that the specialty applies to. People in that faction automatically get the relevant specialty because all of their operatives are expected to need it through the work they do. Therefore, since you cannot have a specialty without a dot in the skill attached, PCs should have the relevant skill when selecting a faction.
|| They see the Vigil as a game and they plan to win it.
|| Exploiters of the supernatural for supercharged kicks.
|| Gossip mongers and spies. Voyeurs.
|| Stealth:Hide in Plain Sight
Add [[Category:Ashwood Abbey]] to your page to show up here.
Add [[Hunter/Ashwood Abbey]] to your log for it to show up here.