Game news:Wiki policy
To get a wiki account, simply +req/web in game, and include the user name you would like (a second choice can't hurt) and an email. Both of these are necessary to create an account. Please do not give us your password. One is randomly generated and you can change it to your desired password.
To better keep the wiki as a functional tool for information, we've established a few basic policies:
- Do not reproduce content from books. It's okay to have a list of page numbers where your PC's powers are; it's not okay to copy the powers out of the book, including their rolls, modifiers, catches, clauses, etc. Your notes and cheat-sheet are better kept in a Google Doc or other thing. Debates about fair use are cool, but we've already had them, so please respect the guidelines we've set for the wiki on this matter.
- The wiki should be flexible and readable for everyone. Please keep any fixed-width images or tables limited in size, so that your pages can scale down to at least 800 pixels and not go off the edge of the screen (for two-column pages, this means no single fixed-width element over about 300 pixels in a column, and if you want to include a gallery of images, please avoid tables if possible, or make it either less than 300 pixels wide/able to wrap with a smaller column). Elements that cannot scale down, such as family trees, maps and other large diagrams, are the only exception to this rule.
- Do not blank other people's pages to make room for your own or someone else's. Please make a disambiguation page and link your name and theirs to it. If you do not know how to do this, ask someone.
- The wiki should be free of excess clutter. If you want to get rid of a page, rather than just deleting all links and leaving it orphaned, you should contact a member of staff to delete it properly. Any page that is blanked will be deleted, and any page or file that is orphaned should either get linked to from something or deleted. Any page left orphaned is liable to be deleted. Players are allowed to make wiki pages for unapproved characters, but they are liable to be deleted after a period of one month if the character hasn't been approved.
- The wiki should be free of nasty surprises. No NSFW images should be posted on pages or linked to from pages where the reader doesn't know that the image in question is not safe for work ahead of time. Potentially offensive text is less policed, because it's easier for a passerby to overlook a single phrase like "motherfucking cuntbag" than a giant pair of breasts, but please, keep it within reason. If your character page reads like erotica, something needs to change, and you should give people at least a little warning before they dive into TS logs.
- Played by pictures must depict characters (whether PCs or NPCS) that are at least 18 years of age, use actors at least 18 years of age, and the PCs must appear to be 18 in all pictures. If there is doubt, don't post it.
- Files on the wiki should be well-organized. Please name every file you upload so that it indicates the PC with whom the file is affiliated. If a file is not safe for work, its name should reflect this, and it must not be used on a main PC page, but placed in a separate gallery whose name should reflect this. If you need help, please ask, we'll be glad to help you. No more than ten images per PC. This includes your equipment, retainers, house, and My Little Pony collection. Only one moving image on your main character page.
- The wiki should be well-built. Please, keep your code clean and functional. Between the many people on the game more than capable with wikicode, and MediaWiki and W3C's own help manuals, you have many resources to building a functionally-coded page. In addition, we have easily-used templates for just about everything!
- If you need anything, just ask. The Wiki channel is always open (addcom wik=Wiki), and if nobody's awake, Staff is only a +request away.